SpaceX launch

rjones726

Just now, Jennings Heilig said:

Pretty cool stuff!  I wish we had seen the first stage landing live though...  Congrats to Space X!!

It appeared to be dead center on the target. That is one of the more remarkable accomplishments to me. I suppose it helps having a bit more processing power in your computer.

2 hours ago, rjones726 said:

It appeared to be dead center on the target. That is one of the more remarkable accomplishments to me. I suppose it helps having a bit more processing power in your computer.

The computing power of the average android device, far exceeds that of the Apollo 11 moon mission onboard computer. 

I missed it live and am watching a rerun on National Geographic  Channel right know. I remember the thrill of watching the Apollo moon missions and being so relieved when the parachutes popped and then the hatch opened and the guys got out waving. They were my hero's growing up. 

2 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

The computing power of the average android device digital watch, far exceeds that of the Apollo 11 moon mission onboard computer. 

I corrected that for you

Richard

On the other hand, those Apollo computers with their rope core memory are incredibly impressive. Modern computing is phenomenally wasteful in storage and processing by comparison

3 hours ago, Stokey Pete said:

I’m thinking of resorting them to the authorities, their trip looks like totally unnecessary travel

to me as per current restrictions. 
They’re not going to the park to exercise, look after a sick relative, or do big food shop. 

They were obviously testing their eyesight... 

5 hours ago, rjones726 said:

Yeah, all of our calculators and phones have vastly more computing power than they did in the 60s.  Pretty incredible how technology has moved like that.

Matt 

1 hour ago, Kagemusha said:

They were obviously testing their eyesight... 

Hey, haven't we all gone on a little drive to a castle when our eyesight gets blurry? Happens at least two to three times a week.

Matt 

2 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

Did anyone else think the SpaceX Dragon took off a lot faster than the old Saturn V’s? To me, it seemed to shoot up into the sky compared to that slow climb of the Saturns.

We watched it just as they were crewing in and we were both glued to it. That was our first comment was on how quickly it was out of the blocks after ignition, nothing like letting the oil circulate around the turbos before giving it beans:lol:.

Our Son and his girlfriend came to watch it at T - 45 and after the second separation they buggered off, next generation I suppose:doh: