ModelsUA problems?

MackTibbo

Greetings,

I’m curious to know what experience others have had with ordering from ModelsUA in Ukraine. I put in one order, it arrived after 3 weeks. Cool. 

My second order has been lost in transit between Ukraine and Canada since 14-March. Canada Post tracks almost no foreign packages anymore, so they are no help. Ukrposhta just says “in transit”; my first package never did show a “delivered” status. 

I would like to have the package traced, but only the sender can do that. I’ve sent emails to the vendor, Ivan, through their info@ email, but get no response. 

I can handle a delay, what with Covid and all, but what I cannot accept is the lack of communication. Has anybody else had a problem getting ModelsUA to communicate?

Cheers,

Allan

I just had a package delivered from ModelsUA that was shipped on 7 April and showed as departed from the Ukraine on April 10 before it arrived in the US on May 4. Most of these airmail packages rely on commercial passenger flights not freight only flights. Since airline traffic is down over 90%, the wait for a flight is a lot longer than it used to be.

It’s been 10 weeks and counting, so far for me, with no idea where the package is. I’m curious: how do you know that it’s in the US? Ukrposhta just says “in transit” and Canada Post won’t track it at all. 

What has been your experience communicating with the vendor? He hasn’t replied to my emails - I’ve made a point not to be confrontational. I was hoping he would help out and start a trace on it, but I’m just getting radio silence. 

Cheers,

Allan

The wait is definitely longer, I ordered some resin parts from Hannants mid April they arrived yesterday ( around6 weeks) Back in the pre-Covid days that would’ve been under 2 weeks. And yes Canada post doesn’t track overseas items and overseas post can’t track it once it’s in a foreign country.

During one transaction I hadn’t heard from the seller and hadn’t received my purchase (in Canada by a Canadian) until I finally sent him an email suggesting a paypal dispute may be opened by me if he didn’t let me know what was going on. Got a reply that day and another order was sent the next...try a firmer voice with your next  email?

1 hour ago, thierry laurent said:

Anything going over the water is noticeably delayed for the above-mentioned reasons. I had such a problem with two parcels coming from the US and Australia. We are not more used to be patient, aren't we? 

Lol. Yes, people do expect immediate gratification in the internet age. But I predate the internet, so I still have some patience left. It’s a lot easier to deal with delays if I know where the package is. 

Edited by MackTibbo

1 hour ago, chrish said:

The wait is definitely longer, I ordered some resin parts from Hannants mid April they arrived yesterday ( around6 weeks) Back in the pre-Covid days that would’ve been under 2 weeks. And yes Canada post doesn’t track overseas items and overseas post can’t track it once it’s in a foreign country.

During one transaction I hadn’t heard from the seller and hadn’t received my purchase (in Canada by a Canadian) until I finally sent him an email suggesting a paypal dispute may be opened by me if he didn’t let me know what was going on. Got a reply that day and another order was sent the next...try a firmer voice with your next  email?

I’m happy to report that I got an email today from Ivan, the proprietor of ModelsUA. He asked me if I wanted a refund or to wait a bit longer. Now that comms have been established, I can work with that. I have heard from other sources that he is reliable, just slow to respond. 

I had resisted taking the PayPal route because it’s the thermonuclear option. But it’s always there...

It is so aggravating that Canada Post has stopped tracking international packages. It’s a great way to make themselves less relevant in the global age. But, hey, what do I know? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Cheers,

Allan

1 hour ago, Hartmann52 said:

Allan, do you have other contacts with the seller?

Sadly, no. The info@ email is the only one posted. I could go through PayPal but I don’t want to get thermonuclear on him if I can avoid it. He did reply to me today, so I think we can work this out. :clap2:

2 hours ago, MackTibbo said:

Sadly, no. The info@ email is the only one posted. I could go through PayPal but I don’t want to get thermonuclear on him if I can avoid it. He did reply to me today, so I think we can work this out. :clap2:

this shop and the owner are trustworthy ,ordered several times,no hiccups

On 5/28/2020 at 6:53 PM, VMA131Marine said:

I just had a package delivered from ModelsUA that was shipped on 7 April and showed as departed from the Ukraine on April 10 before it arrived in the US on May 4. Most of these airmail packages rely on commercial passenger flights not freight only flights. Since airline traffic is down over 90%, the wait for a flight is a lot longer than it used to be.

Ah! Commercial flights.  That explains it.  I bought my Roden PT-13 off eBay from the Ukraine.  Ordered 4/18 and arrived 5/23.  Sat two weeks after Ukraine post took possession of it.  Took another two weeks once it hit NY to get to me.   

Edited by ScottsGT
Corrected date

16 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

Ah! Commercial flights.  That explains it.  I bought my Roden PT-13 off eBay from the Ukraine.  Ordered 4/18 and arrived 4/23.  Sat two weeks after Ukraine post took possession of it.  Took another two weeks once it hit NY to get to me.   

it depend on your customs too

have an ems package getting here in a week and then sitting for a month at the customs,go figure

Well, I have to give props to Ivan. He went the extra mile and did some digging for me. Turns out that my package passed through Miami,  FLA on 04-May. Sure enough, USPS tracking shows it as “In transit”. Canada Post is still studiously ignoring it’s existence. 

This is interesting since I live in Nova Scotia Canada, somewhat east of Maine, and 2,500km from Miami as the crow flies. That’s 1,600 miles for the metrically challenged. How or why it got routed through Miami? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Thanks, Ivan, good communication!  :thumbsup: