Out2gtcha

Saying goodbye to a Sweetheart

On 5/28/2020 at 8:51 PM, Out2gtcha said:

Yes, 8.  Stepping on the accelerator is TOO much fun. The engine is 6.6 L and if you pass a gas station, you probably should stop. 

lol - Indeed, shes a wide load for sure!

EIGHT mpg? And an almost SEVEN litre engine? With petrol over here almost $7 a gallon, that car will cost you not far off a Dollar a mile just in fuel over here. Insurance, I'd imagine, would be equally pricey, since in a crash a car that big could wipe out multiple cars from different post codes at the same time. Servicing equally expensive, as not many places service 6.6L engined cars. Then you have to find roads big enough to drive down. There are lots of lanes, corners & B roads that would not be ideal for it. Parking would be an absolute nightmare, as it would probably need at least 2 spaces. Kinda explains why US cars are rarely seen in Europe. 

We also have many 50 years old + cars in the UK, except that by the time they get to that age, they've already been turned into a microwave and dishwasher.

On 5/30/2020 at 4:51 PM, STWilliams said:

EIGHT mpg? And an almost SEVEN litre engine?

But listen to her talk...................its magic...............so I can forgive her thirsty nature..........

https://photos.smugmug.com/Oldsmobile-442/i-qzrB38D/0/05e898c6/1920/20200601_124441-1920.mp4

On 6/1/2020 at 12:36 PM, Out2gtcha said:

But listen to her talk...................its magic...............so I can forgive her thirsty nature..........

https://photos.smugmug.com/Oldsmobile-442/i-qzrB38D/0/05e898c6/1920/20200601_124441-1920.mp4

That sounds real clean!

my last “muscle” car was a 440 6 pack Road Runner with headers and straight pipes...I could set off car alarms a block away with a toe tap!

best was going up through the gears in underground parking lots, then a solid downshift and rattle windows and doors in the entry ways 

4 minutes ago, chrish said:

That sounds real clean!

my last “muscle” car was a 440 6 pack Road Runner with headers and straight pipes...I could set off car alarms a block away with a toe tap!

best was going up through the gears in underground parking lots, then a solid downshift and rattle windows and doors in the entry ways 

In my old neighborhood, there was a guy with a '69 or so Camaro that must have had a built-to-the-gills 454 in it or something similar. While he never seemed to drive it more that 20mph through the neighborhood, he'd occasionally depress the clutch, rev it a bit, and set off car alarms all over the place. I loved that rumbling sound, always did.

Nice car! I guess you need to sell it to afford a WnW trilogy kit. The sale price should get you close! :lol:

I've had dozens of muscle cars over the years. It got to the point where I was paranoid to drive them because folks around here would key it just because it was a nicer car than theirs so I got out of that scene years ago. I miss it but then again I don't, I had more fun building them than driving because another thing was I couldn't comfortably drive them for long because I was a big dude in a smaller sports car.

Thanks gents.

Well the real time to say goodbye is nigh!   Belle's auction just just come to an end on EBay.

High bidder ID:
xxxxxxxxxxx (716 feedback score: 716) 
100%
Duration: 10 days
Start time: May 24, 2020 11:36:00 PDT
Start price: US $17,995.00
Reserve price: US $19,950.00

Winning bid:

US $21,101.00

[ 8 bids ]

The purchaser is a classic car dealer out of a larger town in IA, only about 130 or so miles from me, as apposed to an individual buyer. Lucky for me, as this place has the money and resources to purchase cars like mine, put minimal money into them (using internal parts and labor as this is their business) and then keep them long enough to sell for a hefty profit. 

I've already talked to them, and they were on their way to look at a car in NE located about 10 miles from me anyway, so if I can get them a photo of the VIN next to my drivers licence, as well as my bank info, looks like I might even get paid this week.  The internet works in mysterious ways!  

Posted (edited)

Very cool bud but sad to see it go.. One word of advice if I may... Unless it is a widely known shop or reputable dealer/person do the transaction at or through your bank to make sure any cash or a check are legit. Nothing would suck more than hand over a title in exchange for a fraudulent check or counterfeit cash. I had that happen once to me a long time ago luckily it was  'only' $500. 

Edited by The Dude