Out2gtcha

Saying goodbye to a Sweetheart

45 minutes ago, LSP_Ray said:

I feel your pain! I made the decision last year to let go of my '99 Trans AM Firehawk, #023 of 725. LS-1 engine, 6-spd manual, Bilstein suspension, ram air hood, SLP exhaust. I was the original owner, had to educate the dealer on how to order it (it is an unpublished option for the SLP upgrade), took two years to get due to a delay in production, I actually followed its journey on the rail lines, and did all the claying/ polishing/waxing of the paint. It was in perfect condition. Hated to get rid of it, but after the purchase of my Vette, decided it was time to get rid of it as I just didn't drive it that much. Only had 12000 miles on it when I sold it.

I've used clay bars before and they're a ton of work.

9 hours ago, RLWP said:

They don't fit on the Cotswold roads

Richard

I remember them well.  Try the road into Lee Bay on the north Devon coast.  A Ford CMax has trouble with that!!  The Olds would widen that road two feet each side :lol:.

Cheers,

Michael

Brian,  She is a real  BEAUT and you have kept it in PRISTINE condition .

Minor dints are part of her history, and that engine looks AWESOME.

Good Luck with the sale and hopefully you get what you want for it..

I like it... shame it's over there and not over here!

thank you for sharing...

I’ve got the hard decision to make as well.  I almost finished my ‘66 Mustang GT Fastback restoration 6 years ago this month.  I still have to swap the rear brakes and center section of the axle out.  It’s been waiting on me for 6 years now to do this.  I’ve got the cash on hand to buy the parts, I just need to get off my butt and do it.  But I’m pulling the 4:11 and putting in a 3:55

I hope like hell that once I get this done I have renewed interest in the car, or it’s gotta go.  Cannot justify having it sitting in my garage and never getting driven.  I either need to start enjoying it, or move on with my life and let someone else enjoy it.  

Beautiful car. I also sold my "Toy" and trust me. 

YOU WILL MISS IT! Unless you get another distraction to take your mind off of it....

Max Bryant

I’ve had 3 “muscle cars” in my life, it sounds like it will be different for you but, for me, I don’t miss any of them...if I did I could (did actually) build a plastic model of it and still have in some way. Looking back now those old cars were great fun when I was a young man but they didn’t steer stop or handle worth a crap. They launch like a fat kid going for a box of Smarties but that’s about it.
And just my opinion...a old guy thinking back.

my modern muscle car...odd for an old mopar guy, is a 2002 Chevy Monte Carlo SS, (bought brand new) 3.8 naturally aspirated and maintained to the Nth degree.

She'll go to  good home I'm hoping.

But if I'm honest I'll miss her but I'll get much, much more use out of our Off Grid Expedition trailer, and a car for the wife.