Out2gtcha

Saying goodbye to a Sweetheart

Meet Belle,

Shes 52, a little high maintenance,  has great curves, is a bit loud, looks great topless, attracts a LOT of attention wherever she goes and is exceptionally spoiled.

Shes not perfect, but its time for us to part ways. I know shes not everyone's "cup-a" as they say, but shes a hell of a looker, and SO much fun to drive around on the street. The SOUND she makes at warm idle is near a heaven on earth.

Ive been debating about this sale for awhile now, and know the car although numbers matching all around (engine/trans/rear) shes not 100% original so the value is declined some there.  However her VIN reveals she is in fact a genuine 442 (as the story goes, "4" barrel carburetor, "4" speed trans and "2" *dual* exhausts) so there is extra value there. Shes been a blast to have and own, but its time to say my good byes.

Shes up for auction on EBay, and my reserve has in fact been met, so its only gravy from here. Thought I might share some pics before she goes to a new (hopefully good) home .............

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Her big block 400 makes quite a heavenly noise with a nice cam and some headers (8 MPG or less does hurt though)

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

20190822_192118-X3.jpg

20190822_192402-X2.jpg

Soon to be goodbye sweetheart, here's hoping your new home will care for you like I did!

Beautiful condition Brian - a credit to your ownership.

Have never seen one on this side of the pond - but then we don't see a lot of US built cars full stop.

I hope she goes to a good home - and you get a good price when the auction closes.

Iain

Thanks guys. Yes Iain, for sure. The auction on EBay has already hit my reserve "will sell" price so yes, Im hoping for more too, but hey-ho, I know the car is not the most valuable in existence by a long shot,  I have to be realistic about what the cars worth if I really want to sell her, but not give her away. 

What a bummer, Brian. I remember that you talked about getting rid of it, but it still sucks. While I've never had anything like her, I can vividly recall the sad, sad feeling of seeing a couple of my babies being towed or driven off. My '75 Buick Century pops to mind, as does my '95 Cougar.

44 minutes ago, Iain said:

Beautiful condition Brian - a credit to your ownership.

Have never seen one on this side of the pond - but then we don't see a lot of US built cars full stop.

They don't fit on the Cotswold roads

Richard

47 minutes ago, mozart said:

Did you say 8mpg? :o

Yes, 8.  Stepping on the accelerator is TOO much fun. The engine is 6.6 L and if you pass a gas station, you probably should stop. 

26 minutes ago, RLWP said:

They don't fit on the Cotswold roads

Richard

lol - Indeed, shes a wide load for sure!

She's a beaut!  I've been debating selling my 67 Mustang Convertible. I got her all done and ready to paint, but deployments, moves and life got in the way the past few years (decade). Now I've put her in storage so that we can fit our actual day to day cars in the garage (you know life on the plains...why let a monster storm give you hail damage for no reason).  We'll see, still having the mental debate. Am also toying with swapping it out for an old beater 60s pickup. Something that doesn't have to be concours and numbers matching--just fun to toodle around in.

I feel your pain! I made the decision last year to let go of my '99 Trans AM Firehawk, #023 of 725. LS-1 engine, 6-spd manual, Bilstein suspension, ram air hood, SLP exhaust. I was the original owner, had to educate the dealer on how to order it (it is an unpublished option for the SLP upgrade), took two years to get due to a delay in production, I actually followed its journey on the rail lines, and did all the claying/ polishing/waxing of the paint. It was in perfect condition. Hated to get rid of it, but after the purchase of my Vette, decided it was time to get rid of it as I just didn't drive it that much. Only had 12000 miles on it when I sold it.

IMG_0287.JPG.56f06ea49673fb72e966723f49cac1bd.JPG