Academy AH-64A Apache

Uncarina

This is a rerelease of the IMEX/Kangnam kit that I built years ago. Issues like the landing gear stance and inaccuracies of the cockpit aside, I actually enjoyed the build, and it certainly looks like an Apache. Are there any glaring issues with the shape of the airframe?

Thanks,  Tom

12 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

Amazing that there still isn't a modern kit of the Apache, given it's long service history and multiple countries and theaters of usage.

Matt 

I agree totally! 

I would have thought that at the very least an upgrade of the kit would have been helpful in it's re-release?

Perhaps one is in the planning stages later on?

If not, Academy is ignoring the potential for some extra sales here I think!

Failing that, this aircraft would be a great candidate for a brand new AH-64E kit from Kittyhawk Models!  B)

• 3 weeks later...

What scale is this? I have a Revell AH-64A in the stash with the intention of turning it into a Westland AH1 (Longbow), it is a good looking kit considering its age, but it will be a lot of work to bring it up to look like a modern one. Funnily enough, a set of Brengun Hellfires and racks turned up this morning for that very project...

1 minute ago, wunwinglow said:

What scale is this? I have a Revell AH-64A in the stash with the intention of turning it into a Westland AH1 (Longbow), it is a good looking kit considering its age, but it will be a lot of work to bring it up to look like a modern one. Funnily enough, a set of Brengun Hellfires and racks turned up this morning for that very project...

I’m sure it’s 1/35 scale

Great work Viper! This shows some of the potential of these kits. These models are actually a good starting point, with the basic shape correct and raised rivets. 

Cheers,  Tom

Edited by Uncarina

I have the kit, the Master cannon and antenna, and Armory wheels, but the holy grail would be the Eduard interior and exterior sets. I am curious if Eduard would re-release these, considering they released several sets for the Academy AH-1Z.

Cheers,  Tom