1/32 Mig-29C (9.13) Ukrainian "55"

Marcel111

Thanks guys. Yeah, taking a break from this project is a must, was killing my modelling mojo there for a good few days. The whole situation is so bizarre, would simply not be a problem with the paints I usually use but these high gloss Gunze paints are different. I do think very gentle sanding may be the way to ultimately go but right now every time I try to work the problem the affected area keeps getting bigger. Anyhow I am really excited about the SMT which is now my side project, the A-6 being the principal project.

Cheers,

Marcel

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/15/2021 at 6:06 PM, Out2gtcha said:

Indeed, take a break, do something else, or build something different and get away from it for awhile. Then come back and maybe the motivation to finish it will be there.

Brian, that was sage advice and it worked! I started working on the affected areas and was able to sand away the problem quite quickly. I think on the one hand the paint had two months to completely dry and just responded differently, on the other hand it's good to get at these issues with a cool head.

Here is the wing that two days ago looked quite nasty:

H3AV1C.jpg

And here is a view of the overall model. I have introduced some touch-ups and dirt to tame down the gawdy look a little. I think that's pretty legit considering how incredibly weathered some of the Ukrainian Migs look.

yj6JGW.jpg

I think I'll stick with this Modelmaster semi-gloss finish.

Cheers,

Marcel

Edited by Marcel111

Thanks guys! Did a lot of work on her this weekend, many of the little things so not all that visible. I did finally take some better pics with my Nikon.

The below pic is shows the weathering the best, the other pics exaggerate how dirty she is, I think I should dial back the contrast on those a little.

KmrHGq.jpg

i3gKvC.jpg

Nif3Vg.jpg

Cheers,

Marcel

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Piero said:

Hi Marcel,

I really like your Fulcrum!!!

The camouflage is amazing and also the burned metal effect over the nozzles is great!

My ask you what decals did you use for markings and stencils?

CIAO!

Piero 

Thanks guys!

Piero, the camo pattern masks as well as the "55" on the intake and tail are from Jim over at Advanced Modelling Products. The roundels are just circles from Maketar, stencils are from the kit... they are fine.

Cheers,

Marcel