ICM 1/32 Gloster Gladiator

Gisbod

Hello All,

Just finished the new ICM Gladiator. I liked it very much. Simple build (like an Airfix 1/72 starter kit really), but none the worse for that. Just good fun.

Thanks,

Guy

010-C8777-523-F-417-C-96-D6-0-CAD52969-C

E5-BA518-B-7-DC8-4-ED8-957-B-478-DA31-D4

CB2-A97-F5-BEA0-42-FD-B632-E08-B61485-B1

E12-FB85-C-325-C-4-E45-8940-41-B3795-EE4

DDBF056-D-828-C-4-F6-F-B3-D8-58-E50617-A

3-C20-E2-FE-C34-A-4084-830-E-A9-A9549-DC

EE463598-0-D63-4-EF8-B437-D209-CB41-EEA9

Edited by Gisbod

Thanks chaps,

1 hour ago, Lothar said:

Wow, stunning :bow:. The finish is spectacular, what a great build!!!

Would you mind telling us a bit more about how you achieved the finish?

I'd love to learn about it!!

Lothar

Hi Lothar,

Nothing special, but unusually I finished construction and rigged it before painting. I think this worked really well as the rigging looks like steel rod to me now. Obviously only works for an overall silver finish! 

The base was Alclad gloss black, I tried Alclad  High Speed silver as I thought this was meant to represent painted silver, but it looked just like chrome! So I gave it a coat of White Aluminium and this looked much better. Insignia all painted with masks. Finished off with a cost of Alclad Light Sheen.

Hope that helps,

Guy 

3 minutes ago, Gisbod said:

Hi Lothar
The base was Alclad gloss black, I tried Alclad  High Speed silver as I thought this was meant to represent painted silver, but it looked just like chrome! So I gave it a coat of White Aluminium and this looked much better. Insignia all painted with masks. Finished off with a cost of Alclad Light Sheen

Guy 

Thank you for that, good to know about your method, because it does indeed look like an excellent replication of high speed silver :thumbsup:

Lothar

10 hours ago, Gisbod said:

Thanks guys, it’s worth getting the kit if you’re sitting on the fence.,

Guy

Most definitely, it’s a super kit to build, and you’ve made a really good job of it Guy, as the others have said the finish is very realistic. Interesting that you rigged it before painting, I must bear that in mind, what rigging material did you use? Well done indeed for a splendid build. 
PS The photography ain’t too shabby either! :clap2:

Edited by mozart

Thanks,

4 hours ago, mozart said:

Most definitely, it’s a super kit to build, and you’ve made a really good job of it Guy, as the others have said the finish is very realistic. Interesting that you rigged it before painting, I must bear that in mind, what rigging material did you use? Well done indeed for a splendid build. 
PS The photography ain’t too shabby either! :clap2:

Good old monofilament Mozart, after a layer of paint it looks just like steel! Very pleased with that. There’s a set of the PE flat wire for this kit, but I just can’t get on with that. I tried it on a Tamiya Swordfish and found there’s always one or another wire flexed.. 

Guy