1/35 Ma.K Luna Diver Stingray

Nessus

So this is technically large scale, but a spaceship from the Ma.K universe - an orbital weapons system developed by the Mercenary forces. Anyway.......the interior is rather empty and it you leave the large top hatch off it is quite visible. So it was filled with all sorts of greeblies = 1/48 flak trailers parts, gundam parts, bits from the old 1/32 Mirage, what ever looked good:

IMG-20200404-145434.jpg

Sealed up and then you can have your spaceship in which ever colour you like as long as its blue.............

IMG-20200417-103051.jpg

With the Stig's cuz for the future pilot (cobbled together from the kit options) - he needs some touch ups obviously:

IMG-20200424-120648.jpg

First layer of camouflage:

IMG-20200504-102713.jpg

IMG-20200504-102655.jpg

Which ultimately became this:

F754-A554-D25-B-43-BE-9182-9-F79-EF2-FAC

The larger blue spots were masked with blue tack, the smaller spots are painted in, as you can see part way through here.......

And where I'm at now with mockup for the pilot:

4-A2209-D4-D556-4102-9-D67-3-CD4-E721-F5

Nose art for the top hatch:

D08951-CC-317-F-4211-AA49-21-F2-C9-BB16-

Sorry for some of the photos - the iPad shots don't resize well.

Comments and criticisms welcome.

Brendan

Edited by Nessus

Love it!! I've not been much of a MAK universe fan but I do really like this example. That's an awesome paint job! Is it part of that world or your own take? Either way,  it looks the part. 

I like the mods too - they all tie together perfectly and look functional.  Brilliant work 

Thanks for sharing this 

Edited by The Madhatter

8 hours ago, The Madhatter said:

Love it!! I've not been much of a MAK universe fan but I do really like this example. That's an awesome paint job! Is it part of that world or your own take? Either way,  it looks the part. 

I like the mods too - they all tie together perfectly and look functional.  Brilliant work 

Thanks for sharing this 

Thanks - I've been watching your Star Destroyer come together and I keep thinking I need to start my Anigrand one..........

As for the paint job, there are no real canon paint schemes from the Ma.K universe so anything goes. There is I guess a technically correct way that was used by Kow Yokoyama (the "father figure" of the whole Ma.K universe) to actually paint the figures but I have to admit I've never followed it. As for this scheme, given the craft is a Stingray, I based the camouflage on a real world stingray:

Taeniura-lymma2a.jpg

The decals are out of the box (mostly) or other Ma.K kits. The nose art decal is from a sheet from Starship Modeler from years ago.

Cheers,

Brendan

Edited by Nessus

I truly love the fact that this is inspired by a real animal camouflage. This looks amazing, and even better, you painted it after the namesake. Extra points for that!!!!

I tried painting Ma.K kits with snake camouflage since it looks good to me. The animal world has lots of inspiration for us.

Tnarg

And don't forget that Bablylon 5 Nose Art... cool re-purpose on that one.

Edited by Tnarg