Rommels Rod Blitz Build

spacewolf

Hi all, haven't been on much. Even modeling has slowed down.. or it had till the long weekend here in Canada. A good friend of mine invited me to join the IPMS Ottawa blitz build.. the idea was to grab a kit from your stash and build it from 6pm local Friday to midnight Monday. No prizes, just the fun of bashing it out like we did when we were kids. I had no idea at first of how I was going to do it or even what look I was going for but ended up going for a sun blasted, worn operational look.

The kit itself is not bad.. and with some serious kitbashing could be a show stopper.  All I did extra was stripped the chrome parts, added center track guides cribbed from a Russian tank I had laying around. I added ribs to the figures.. all you get is the back ribs... I used stretched sprue and super glue... looks much better I think. The wood tray in Rommel's compartment is just Tamyia wood brushed on leaving streaks.. then clear yellow & orange coats and a dull coat over it... came out pretty good.

BxEcA4c.jpgAqXh6HQ.jpg6IW8C4A.jpg8KOW7LK.jpgWGd0llL.jpgeUddUKD.jpgN6a1hw4.jpgqRFqKyC.jpgootWjqT.jpgQTb1d2o.jpghk8gEPP.jpgMo81sxD.jpg

24 minutes ago, LSP_Ray said:

Nice! I have this one in the stash, too. Haven't decided whether to keep it or dispose of it, but you have done a great job with it.

It's classic 60/70 fun kit.. you can either go silly or go semi serious... with some kit bashing  and detail work it could be amazing.

• 1 month later...