1/32 Hasegawa Fw190D-13 Yellow 10

Thunnus

On 5/15/2021 at 10:45 PM, Wolf Buddee said:

Absolutely brilliant John!

I realize that the closed canopy maintains the beautiful (to me anyways) lines of this particular airframe but ya could slide the thing open and let us admire the cockpit couldn’t ya? :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Wolf

Thanks Wolf!  The Fw190 cockpit is very cramped and the view inside is very limited, even with the canopy in the open position.  But I promise to consider an open canopy on the next Dora build.  In the meantime, here is a photographic reminder of what's inside of Yellow 13...

IMG_1608.jpg

IMG_1606.jpg

On 5/16/2021 at 12:00 AM, monthebiff said:

Just superb John, really liking the inside of the flaps .

Regards. Andy 

Thank you Andy!  In hindsight, I think a little weathering of those flaps would've been appropriate. 

On 5/16/2021 at 5:12 AM, Troy Molitor said:

Well done John.   Another stunning bird to admire.   

Thanks Troy!

On 5/16/2021 at 8:34 AM, crobinsonh said:

Very nice finish and an inspiration for other FW 190 builds.

Thank you so much!

2 minutes ago, scvrobeson said:

How about something like an F-8 John?  Would be cool to see what you can do with a short-nose 190.

Matt 

Thank you  so much Matt!  Funny you should mention that... I just got my hands on the Hasegawa 1/32 Fw 190A-8 kit.  So a short nose 190 is definitely on the list of future builds.

2 minutes ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

Stunning.  You're making me want to get mine out of the stash.  :bow::wow:

Cheers,

Michael

Go for it, Michael!  The Hasegawa kit is solid and is hard to come by at the moment.  The more Doras, the better!

1 minute ago, Thunnus said:

Go for it, Michael!  The Hasegawa kit is solid and is hard to come by at the moment.  The more Doras, the better!

Mine's been in the stash for many years.  I have the complete Aires resin add on kit which makes me afraid to start it :lol:.

Cheers,

Michael

11 minutes ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

Mine's been in the stash for many years.  I have the complete Aires resin add on kit which makes me afraid to start it :lol:.

Cheers,

Michael

I've got two more in my stash, both of them Big Tail editions.  So there will be a Brown 4 and Black 6 in my future! B)

• 2 years later...
5 hours ago, Onspring said:

Truly an inspiration - I hoping to get near this level within a decade or two

Thank you much for your comment!  I appreciate it greatly!

I just got back from my annual trip to Central Asia (Kazakhstan/Kyrgyzstan) so I've been really busy going through my 3,000+ pics and processing them via Lightroom.  I still need to cobble together a slideshow to present to my church, which I hope to complete by this weekend.

Sometime after that, I hope to get back on the modeling bench.  Continue my unfinished projects?  Or start a new one?  Not sure but one way or another, I hope to be back soon!

Welcome back John.  I had a few ferry flights over Kazakhstan in my prior profession.  On my way to Beijing and a few fuel stops on the way.

I would love to see that Meng Me 163 take form!  Ha!   

Kindest regards,  Welcome back.  

Troy.