1/32 Hasegawa Fw190D-13 Yellow 10

Thunnus

Nice fish John!   The stabs look fantastic too!   

Im heading down to Georgia in two weeks for a little fishing.  My brother in law, my 84 year old Dad and I.   We all have our COVID shots taken care of and it’s time to get the boat out and enjoy a little fishing together.  Can’t wait.     

14 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

Nice catch :thumbsup:  Looks like some fine dining.

...the fish , not the stabs ... they look good too tho :coolio::popcorn:.

FYI... all of the fish were released!  I usually don't keep any freshwater fish for eating.  Saltwater fish like tuna... that's another story.

13 hours ago, Nighthawk Calling 1 said:

Never understood fishing but each to their own, great paint job on the stabilizers by the way.

Just another lifelong passion that I happen to have.  Thanks for the comment!

6 hours ago, Beaconroot said:

Beautiful catch John! Glad to see your able to get back to the bench. The stabs are looking good!

Jim Root

Thanks Jim!  Honestly, my time on the bench in these summer months will probably be a bit spotty but hopefully I'll get a few projects done.

6 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

Im heading down to Georgia in two weeks for a little fishing.  My brother in law, my 84 year old Dad and I.   We all have our COVID shots taken care of and it’s time to get the boat out and enjoy a little fishing together.  Can’t wait.     

Good luck fishing in Goergia, Troy!  Just being outside in the sunshine is a blessing in and of itself!

As I mentioned before, I've kept the leftover markings masks to protect the markings as I apply the green mottle.
IMG-2042.jpg

I've placed the narrow white cross masks to the upper wings and applied the lighter RLM 82 mottle patterns.
IMG-2043.jpg

IMG-2044.jpg

The dark green RLM 83 is then applied.
IMG-2045.jpg

IMG-2046.jpg

I'll do a bit of touch-up work and then move on to the fuselage after masking the fuselage markings and tail band.
IMG-2051.jpg

IMG-2053.jpg

IMG-2054.jpg

6 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

Awesome.  Not to hijack John’s amazing build, but i just got back from taking my own dad to see the Pima Air and Space Museum.  

6 hours ago, Citadelgrad said:

Awesome.  Not to hijack John’s amazing build, but i just got back from taking my own dad to see the Pima Air and Space Museum.  

Very cool!  I hope you got to see a bunch of cool aircraft!

6 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Love it! The paint looks amazing

Thanks Brian!  Seems a bit of shame to cover almost all of the factory paint scheme with this relatively messy mottle but it's gotta be done!

5 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

Looking awesome as usual.  Well worth the wait, too!  

Thanks Troy!

4 hours ago, JT68 said:

Beautiful work John!

Cheer's,

Jeff.

Thank you so much, Jeff!

Thanks for the input guys!  Got on a roll and was able to get the fuselage mottling done!  First, I applied the masks over the fuselage markings and taped the black and white tail band.  Then I applied some light green RLM 82 mottling on the fuselage.
IMG-2055.jpg

IMG-2056.jpg

IMG-2057.jpg

And then the darker green RLM 83 was sprayed on.
IMG-2058.jpg

IMG-2059.jpg

The tape covering the tail band was removed and the top of the black and white band was covered with RLM 82.  Here is what the model looks like after this final painting stage.
IMG-2061.jpg

IMG-2062.jpg

IMG-2063.jpg

IMG-2064.jpg

IMG-2065.jpg

IMG-2066.jpg

IMG-2067.jpg

A gloss coat will be applied as we moved on to the decal stage.