F-5E Aggressor

Nic C.D.

While I'm working on the Spanish Harrier II, I finished an F-5E from Kitty Hawk.

540.jpg

Bad at photographing models, I should buy a new camera and get some lessons... Anyway, here it is. This is the 6th Kitty Hawk kit I've made and this is the easiest by far. The T-28 and Kingfisher were really good, the Bronco, Sabre Dog and T-6 took more work. I've added a little detail to the cockpit, canopy and gun bay, I painted the tail. The blade antenna on the spine was replaced by the black GPS receiver. On the centreline is a external fuel tank, adopted from a brown aggressor. 

540.jpg

There was a bit of work to get the windscreen fitted - and some putty needed - but it turned out okay. The tubing on the seat and behind it is all scratched from different sized lead wiring. Masking the inside of the air intake was a pain, but worth the time. 

540.jpg

The panels and rivets from the kit are impressively nice. After painting and shading, just a wash is needed to get the details popping. The decals in the kit are great, but as mentioned, I didn't want to risk the decal for the vertical tail and painted it. 

540.jpg

Here's another photo of it; it was painted with Revell Aquacolors and some details in Gunze water colours. I saw a photo with part of the trailing edge flap in zinc chromate yellow, I thought that was a nice touch. 

And now, I get back to the Harrier II, I hope to finish it in a few months. Afterwards, I'll start a Mirage 2000D. That's one I've been waiting a long time to get and build. Haven't got it yet, but that just a matter of time. Ow, and I'm doing a little side project with a Ramjäger. 

I hope you like this Tiger II, sorry for the bad photos, the kit looks much better on my desk than in the photos. Keep building, everyone!

Nic 

Thank you all! Sorry about the bad photography, I should invest in a little studio... 

This F-5 really is a great kit to build. I've got a two-seater in the stash too, but haven't started it yet.

Nic

• 10 months later...

That's good! I love open canopies and panels, they have made this beautiful aircraft even look better. You have done a lovely job on this Aggressor, Sundowners tails are the best of all Aggressors!