Trumpeter 1/24th Bf-109

crobinsonh

Me again doing a research project. I have the Trumpeter Bf-109G-10 and I have been detailing the Verlinden resin cockpit. This is my first German plane from any era and I am absolutely NOT an expert on this aircraft (or any other German aircraft). I found this image on the web as it illustrated many images I have seen either elsewhere on the web or in the AeroDetail or SAMS book. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5BUNL1.jpg

Best,

Do you need to know what the different bits that are arrowed in the image are? In that case:

1. UV light. These could be aimed at the instrument panel, to excite the radium paint on the instrument dials, for night / low light flying.

2. Emergency undercarriage lowering lever.

3. Flare port. A flare pistol would be attached here.

4. Another UV light, see 1.

5. Manual control for the radiator flaps.

6. Emergency jettison of stores.

7. Radiator cut-off valve control. In the majority of Bf 109s produced, the radiators could not be shut off from each other. This meant that, if one of the radiators got punctured, the aircraft would lose its coolant very quickly. Messerschmitt therefore developed radiator cut-off valves that allowed a damaged radiator to be shut off. However, for some unclear reason, these cut-off valves did not find widespread use, and they are a relatively rare fit.

8. Windscreen rinsing tap. Opening the tap would spray fuel over the windscreen to remove oil and other dirt.

Do note that the cockpit in the image is for a G-6. While the G-10 cockpit is largely similar, there are a number of differences.

12 minutes ago, pvanroy said:

Do you need to know what the different bits that are arrowed in the image are? In that case:

1. UV light. These could be aimed at the instrument panel, to excite the radium paint on the instrument dials, for night / low light flying.

2. Emergency undercarriage lowering lever.

3. Flare port. A flare pistol would be attached here.

4. Another UV light, see 1.

5. Manual control for the radiator flaps.

6. Emergency jettison of stores.

7. Radiator cut-off valve control. In the majority of Bf 109s produced, the radiators could not be shut off from each other. This meant that, if one of the radiators got punctured, the aircraft would lose its coolant very quickly. Messerschmitt therefore developed radiator cut-off valves that allowed a damaged radiator to be shut off. However, for some unclear reason, these cut-off valves did not find widespread use, and they are a relatively rare fit.

8. Windscreen rinsing tap. Opening the tap would spray fuel over the windscreen to remove oil and other dirt.

Do note that the cockpit in the image is for a G-6. While the G-10 cockpit is largely similar, there are a number of differences.

That is brilliant and very useful. Thanks.