Printable Decal Sheets

Peter Browne

2 minutes ago, Archer Fine Transfers said:

Any clear decal film.

I have had poor results with clear film, much more success with white. Basically the colour density on the clear film is poor

What background colour are you applying your clear decals to?

Richard

4 minutes ago, RLWP said:

I have had poor results with clear film, much more success with white. Basically the colour density on the clear film is poor

What background colour are you applying your clear decals to?

Richard

Based on what he needs, instrument dials and stencils, I assumed black.

But for colors, you either need white film or underpants the kit with white.

12 hours ago, Archer Fine Transfers said:

Based on what he needs, instrument dials and stencils, I assumed black.

But for colors, you either need white film or underpants the kit with white.

Thanks, it is for a 1/12 Atomic City Mercury capsule I'm looking at super detailing.  Not exactly LSP.  The instrument dials' background are mostly black, with indicators etc in white.  So the dials will be painted white with black transparent decals.

NASM2016-01990.jpg?itok=bo5HLge4

14 hours ago, Peter Browne said:

Thanks, it is for a 1/12 Atomic City Mercury capsule I'm looking at super detailing.  Not exactly LSP.  The instrument dials' background are mostly black, with indicators etc in white.  So the dials will be painted white with black transparent decals.

For the instrument faces:
If you don't have a punch and die set with the correct sizes print them on clear decal film with a laser printer . Paint the recess where they will go with white.

If you do have a P&D set, print them on white decal film.

You can get white and clear decal film from Microscale.

I strongly recommend using a laser printer for this and a wet coat of clear lacquer to seal. Without it, the toner will come off.

Edited by Archer Fine Transfers
spelling errors

Do they have to be decals? That seems unecessary in my book, for our david Brown Tractor kit we just laser printed on paper which then that gets glued behind the dasboard facia, in 1:12 scale you've got the option of glazing it with a clear sheet of whatever. 

I wouldn't try printing your own with an ordinary laser/inkjet printer, I've been down both those roads the results aren't good enough, the only thing I've found that works is our old Alps printers and that's when you know how to use it, the results are close to proper printed decals.

Graham