One Man Model 1:32 Hawker Siddeley HS780 Andover C.Mk 1

Iain

Iain, thanks for the review. Probably not a subject that I would be interested in building but fascinating to see produced and built. I am extremely interested in your upcoming build process.

I think that this may be the next niche offshoot in our hobby. Hopefully a larger assortment of subjects will become available over time. I can see a business  model emerging where a designer will propose a limited  edition model and then if enough interest is there produce kits for "subscribers ".

Like vacs and resin models, 3d kits will not be for everyone. There is extra work involved.  Extra work that  would not deter me, if the subject was right. Think Hustler, Voodoo, Fury.

Dan

Excellent Review Iain!

Well deserved to be reviewed and extremely well done!  I shall have a more in depth read when I get home from work this arvo. The kit looks great...cant wait to see mine.  

Thanks again for taking the time to review and give your thoughts!  Much appreciated

Cheers Anthony

Onemanmodel has a very interesting list. Not only does he create this plane in miniature, but he started with a Dornier Do. X, a Handley Page H.P.42W and a Short Scylla in 1/72 that also could be obtained in 1/48. That is BIG! His future list is pretty impressive with an Armostrong Whitworth 27 Ensign, Breguet Deux Ponts and Junkers G. 38 coming in 1/72. These would look pretty incredible next to the fascinating counterparts of early airliners available in 1/72 as well as that new 737 for a modern counterpart.

The resolution of the print is not invisible, but like the review states, you can deal with that with some sanding. This process points the way for some fascinating new kits that we thought might never see the light of day. I have the H.P. 42 from him as well as Contrail's version and his looks right and it is quite a bit easier to clean up than the corrugations and overly thin wing surfaces of the vac form.

Good luck to those who want this kit in a big scale. Looks like fun.

Tnarg

OK - so subject aside (I realise the Andover isn't on most people's radar) - the question is, how many of you would have a go at a 3D Printed project like this, if it was a subject that took your fancy?

Does the review encourage you, or put you off?

Iain

Interestingly - Toshihiko's email address reflects exactly that subject - although I haven't seen that listed as one of his subjects yet.

But, he obviously has an interest!  :)

That one's more complex as I don't think he has the facility for making canopies...

Iain

2 hours ago, Iain said:

OK - so subject aside (I realise the Andover isn't on most people's radar) - the question is, how many of you would have a go at a 3D Printed project like this, if it was a subject that took your fancy?

Iain

Hi Iain,

Good review. Looks like the way forward for bespoke large models (at the very least, Toshihiko has has shown us the potential for what is possible in this medium for large scale models). What adhesive is required to assemble models such as these?

Best regards

Derek

2 hours ago, Iain said:

Iain

I'm not ready to jump yet, I am waiting to see how you cope with the surfaces 

Richard 

2 hours ago, Iain said:

Iain

I think the quality of these prints are so good it would encourage others to follow.

Yes, I've seen one on the list that looks interesting to build in 1/48 scale and I might well 'have a go' at a later stage.

There is another one coming (talked to the owner today via messenger) but I don't think I can mention it just yet!

This one would be a definite project for me when it's finally completed!!

Very excited about the possibilities here and thanks for showing us the kit parts and review.  :clap2: