1:32 Hawker Siddeley Andover E.Mk 3A - 3D Print

Iain

It's no big issue for me - I'm used to it - accept here in the UK the Iain is usually mis-spelled as 'Ian', rather than the US 'Lain'.  :)

Iain is a Scots Gaelic form of the name John.

And don't get me started on the spelling of my surname - generally only spelled correctly when I'm North of the Border (Scotland).  :deadhorse:

On the Andover - decision made last night, after some deep overthinking, several good coats of 'looking at' and a test clean-up of the interiors of the fuselage shells, is that I'm going to remove all internal printed detail, sand smooth and replace.

A Fin (family motto - To The End - hopefully something I can apply to the Andover!) :hmmm:

Iain

• 2 weeks later...

I'm at a point were I need more info before progressing - a little progress since last post - but mostly research related - with some useful items found.

First is a .pdf copy of a Flight International article from 1967 with an illusive cutaway I'd seen as a small image on one of the Squadron sites.

This cutaway is from rear 3/4 - behind/over the tailplane to fuselage joints - ties in nicely with observations from the photos I've found - and confirms I've been heading in right direction regarding the modifications I've made (and would still be making) if I were using the 'corrected' tail section.

Bonus is that there's also a second cutaway from underneath!

Other item, which I've just won on eBay is the illusive Aviation News plans that I think Toshihiko used - should be useful for a few things, although we know they are incorrect with regards to the tail.

More when there's more...

Iain

18 minutes ago, Iain said:

Yay - your 'baby' has arrived at last!

It definitely has a cool factor to it...

Get cracking then!  ;)

Iain

LOL, I am pretty excited, is an understatement!  Here I was happily working on doing corrections to my FGR2 conversion last night LOL.

Now I have to go to work...how cruel.  Barely opened it.

'cough' 'cough' is that a cold coming on....maybe I shouldn't go to work?:whistle:

LOL, better get going

Thanks to all you guys who made this happen.

12 hours ago, Anthony in NZ said:

LOL, I am pretty excited, is an understatement!  Here I was happily working on doing corrections to my FGR2 conversion last night LOL.

Now I have to go to work...how cruel.  Barely opened it.

'cough' 'cough' is that a cold coming on....maybe I shouldn't go to work?:whistle:

LOL, better get going

Thanks to all you guys who made this happen.

Keep the FGR.2 going for 'sanity relief' purposes in between your Andover build! :)

Derek

• 4 months later...

Took a bit of searching, but found it on Ebay - from a company called Spiratronics here in the UK.

Now listing 1mm, rather than 1.5mm:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301724583107

I'm assuming its HIPS, as described. I haven't done any more with it - but appears to work well...

Iain

7 hours ago, Starfighter said:

Iain, I certainly have missed the information, but may I ask where you got the clear 1,5mm HIPS? I've made a google search but couldn't find anything so far. Thanks in advance for your help! 

Hello Ben. O amigo não tem chapas de poliestireno aí na Bélgica, nas espessuras 1mm e 0,5mm?

Aqui eu tenho um pouco em estoque, você está precisando? Posso te enviar.

Grande abraço,

Hercules de Araujo - Brasil