1:32 Hawker Siddeley Andover E.Mk 3A - 3D Print

Iain

51 minutes ago, Iain said:

Indeed - just a little higher - a flat across the top of the fuselage curve.

No real biggy - but we will need detailed photos of this area...

This is the most fun I've had in ages - and restoring my modelling MoJo - I owe you a few beers Anthony if I ever get over to NZ!  :)

Iain

:beer4:

The parts seem to clean up well - this was ABS or polystyrene?  We tend to use PLA at work for our 3D prints, and that material doesn't seem to like being sanded.  Have you thought about contacting the gentleman who made the kit with your findings so he can modify his CAD model to make it more correct?

Jens

Hi Jens,

This is ABS - and it's wet sanded far better than I was expecting.

Hopefully I'll get the cockpit section in primer by the end of the week - that's my 'test piece' with regard to surface prep.

Re. passing back to original designer - yes, probably, but I'm not expecting him to provide corrections to printed kits. Even if he did - with current postage times - I'd have things fixed before any replacements arrived.

He also did us a huge favour by agreeing to print in 1:32 - so really can't complain...

I went into this expecting to have to tweak - a basic canvas - and this is turning out to be far easier to make changes to than any vac, or resin, kit...

Iain

36 minutes ago, Landrotten Highlander said:

supposedly today, waiting with great anticipation

anticipation is over, was delivered at 2.35 pm local time.  Box smaller than I expected, model much larger than expected.  Need to finish all the other models I am working on first before tackling this one, as it will fill up my working space in no time at all.