Liberated during quarantine -PB4Y-1

finished the forward fuselage camouflage went on to put the "B-10" codes on the nose also added some mission markers, VB-105 based in England used red stars for mission markers, the stars came from "Fantasy Printshop" sheet of assorted red stars.

pTCRpQw.jpglgUrqxZ.jpg

Also cut a set of cowl flaps into 4 sections each and glued them in place to see them in a slightly open position.

Ibsgq5O.jpg

Well after almost putting this in the trash twice this week(2 almost fatal paint disasters) I've managed to get it back in control.... I used Tamiya spray can lacquers for the white, grey and clear, I used stood off masks for the demarcation between the colors, thank goodness I used paper card stock for the masks as I had to go back and use them 3 times...

I put a wash on the fuselage today, feeling better about it now.

oGWYzXv.jpgnQsYXJE.jpgLpSHFCK.jpgfyiFT5Z.jpg

Started to  work on the tail turret a few days ago, I somehow came to the realization that B-24 "D"s have a completely different tail turret than the kits "J"  turret.

The "J" turret :

45w2k50.jpg

The "D" turret :

dtafMdd.jpg?1

So I carved up a new one piece dome pattern that I could vacuum form a clear shot and I cut all the excess plastic away from the kit turret and added some styrene sheet to some places that ended up with voids where some of the material was taken off.

41q0l9T.jpgEIL7iTF.jpgX9znEE6.jpg8dXieHO.jpg

Another thing I noticed in photos of the "D" version of the turret that I never new about is that the 50 cal. machine guns are not symmetrical,  the  gun on the left side of the turret is mounted farther forward than the gun on the right side, I would guess it's about 6 inches, which is the length of a 50 cal. ammo round, I would imagine that it was to facilitate the the 2 rows of ammo feeding the guns inside the turret.

Here are some images of the turret that show the off-set.

SPnO7H8.jpg?1YEZJa3P.jpg?16MMVHTu.jpg?1