Need help/advice with F4U-4 hardpoints

I am looking to build a model of the F4U-4 Corsair "Angel of Okinawa" once owned by the late Merle Gustafson and now owned by Kermit Weeks - but the hard points on it have me stumped... Having built the Trumpeter -4 before I know the kit has the standard Corsair rocket stubs but nothing that looks of these... I have not yet built the 1/32 Skyraider so I wasn't sure if the hard points on it look like the ones in the photo below - if not then please give me some thoughts or suggestions of what I could use... Thanks, Mike

File:Chance Vought F4U-4 Corsair Angel of Okinawa RSideFront FOF 14Dec09 (14589724022).jpg

9 minutes ago, DONG said:

They look like some sort of safety cover for the stubs .

I suppose that's possible - but if so they still flew the airplane with them on because they have always looked this way in any old photos of it whether on the ground or in the air... I may just have to find something close and do some modifying... Thank, Mike

I built a 1/48th (gasp) F4u4 several years ago and had a hell of a time with hardpoints. I think there was an upgrade as later aircraft had entirely different hardpoints that looked similar to those in the picture but deeper by like three times. It appears they could carry bombs or rockets. You can see them in period pics in Detail & Scale on the late F4u's. Haven't seen them in any F4u kit; not sure what other aircraft might have carried them.

Actually, just like this as I did one from this same unit:

910-27.jpg 

The build is here on LSP (not mine of course): F4u-4 Ghost Riders

15 hours ago, DONG said:

They look like some sort of safety cover for the stubs .

They are actually an adapter that is fitted to the wings; a bomb rack can be fitted to it.  The -4 originally had no outer wing bomb capability, only rockets on the stubs.  Fairly commonly seen on Korean War airplanes.  If you see a photo of a straight -4 (not -4B with cannons) with bombs under the outer wings, this is how it was done.

i really appreciate everyone's thoughts and suggestions on this... I have been looking at hard points on some jets and other Korean War era a/c and I see some that would take just a little modifying to make work... Also I was on the forum page for WIX - "Warbird Information Exchange" and actually found the guy who was the crew chief on this Corsair when Merle Gustafson owned it in late 70's - early 80's - so I reached out to him to see if he remembers anything about them and if he doesn't respond then I'll try reaching out to Kermit Weeks although I'm not sure if he could help since these hard points have been on this a/c since long before he bought it - but well see what happens... Again thanks everyone for the responses... That's why I like this page so much - so many willing to help others out !!! Have a great day everyone, Mike