Astro32

I'm going to be off furlough 05/18! UPDATE

Posted (edited)

My company is starting a gradual phase-in to get manufacturing & engineering back up to speed. I was first on the list to go back. Looking forward to it. I'll be getting as much done on my Komet & F-104 as I can in the meantime.

Edited by Astro32

Sorry to hear that. It is a bit disappointing to hear things like that, as I know a lot of the US's  business are struggling in this climate.  I do fear that opening things too soon will lead to exactly what happened S Korea, Lebanon, China and Iran with new outbreaks after having attempted to open things up too quickly. 

Glad to see you are going back to work. I don’t know what “normal” is going to be, but going to work is much better that staying at home. 
Bust wishes,

Jim

Now the local mayor has declared the lockdown or restrictions will continue until a cure is found. Good luck. People around here are getting really frustrated, and it's understandable. I get the need for trying to keep the contagion down and all that but we're practically under house arrest at this point.

Posted (edited)

27 minutes ago, Astro32 said:

Now the local mayor has declared the lockdown or restrictions will continue until a cure is found. Good luck. People around here are getting really frustrated, and it's understandable. I get the need for trying to keep the contagion down and all that but we're practically under house arrest at this point.

:mental: I truly hope things improve for you soon my friend!! 

The company I work (from home) for is able to begin phasing some people back into the office in a week or two, but I will be one of the last allowed back, probably in a month or two, due to my volunteer EMS work on my off time. It puts me at a higher-than-average risk of contracting it, even if I don't get sick from it. 

I'm not complaining, I actually don't really want to go back to the office, ever. Maybe I can milk this long enough for me to find another job that I actually like. :blink:

Edited by BiggTim

This time it's for real!

We're restarting tomorrow!

Of course I'll have a lot less time for building, but the saving grace for my sanity is that I've done more building in the last three months than I have in the last decade. Soon I'll be back to 12 - 16 hour days but I'm going to try harder to make the time to keep my projects going. Both my Komet and my '104 are close to finishing and I don't want to stop.

I've been back for 3 weeks now.  Kind of strange since so many are not back yet, and they have started staggering others returning.  But we are gearing up to put cameras in classrooms for the fall return to classes.  Unfortunately, others that need to make decisions are not making them and don't understand the timelines involved in making orders through the procurement process.  We're trying to buy  $1.7 Mil in gear and everyone knows how slow gov operates.  And lets throw the end of the fiscal year in too.

Today I was tasked with finishing a prototype power supply that also got pipped for sale to a client. My only involvement in it last year was designing the power cable routing. There have been 24 revisions in the design since then, and I've never built one from the ground up, never mind a hacked & whacked prototype they suddenly sold to a client, AND is to be the Golden Sample for production of further units, and it was to be finished today. Four more revisions came down the pipeline today. It didn't happen. While on lockdown my equipment, tools, supplies, etc had disappeared from my bench, and I had to do what I was tasked with doing today in a part of the facility that's mostly alien to me. Scary part is I nearly succeeded, but I'll be well into tomorrow before I can power it up. Helluva homecoming. That's the kind of day I had! Rant over.

9 hours ago, Astro32 said:

Today I was tasked with finishing a prototype power supply that also got pipped for sale to a client. My only involvement in it last year was designing the power cable routing. There have been 24 revisions in the design since then, and I've never built one from the ground up, never mind a hacked & whacked prototype they suddenly sold to a client, AND is to be the Golden Sample for production of further units, and it was to be finished today. Four more revisions came down the pipeline today. It didn't happen. While on lockdown my equipment, tools, supplies, etc had disappeared from my bench, and I had to do what I was tasked with doing today in a part of the facility that's mostly alien to me. Scary part is I nearly succeeded, but I'll be well into tomorrow before I can power it up. Helluva homecoming. That's the kind of day I had! Rant over.

I know the feeling!  I came back and my work keys are missing.  We now have card access so I don't carry them everywhere.  Cannot remember if I left them somewhere or loaned them to someone. Or if someone helped themselves to them.