1/32 Nakajima Ki-27 - 77th Sentai - Burma 1942

Alex

I should get in the habit of taking these photos from farther away and just trusting that the iPhone has enough pixels to capture the detail.  The 1 cm depth-of-field (above) isn't helping when everything but the joystick is slightly out of focus...

6 hours ago, Alex said:

The lead wire is a little *too* soft for this application - it's hard to get a smooth curve without kinks.  What have people used for this purpose with good success?

I've used copper wire before for ignition wire leads with good success - holds its shape a little better. Pit's looking nice Alex!

6 hours ago, turbo said:

I've used copper wire before for ignition wire leads with good success - holds its shape a little better. Pit's looking nice Alex!

Do you do anything special to it to get it to hold paint?  The brass rod I used for my pushrod tubes barely held on the polyurethane primer - in retrospect I should have tried to sand it or maybe acid etch it to give the surface some tooth.

15 hours ago, Alex said:

Do you do anything special to it to get it to hold paint?  The brass rod I used for my pushrod tubes barely held on the polyurethane primer - in retrospect I should have tried to sand it or maybe acid etch it to give the surface some tooth.

I've had no problem spraying regular primer and paint onto copper wire, but if you need to hand paint an acid etch helps and there are acid etch metal primers you can get from auto and paint shops but I haven't tried those.

A beautiful cockpit from which nothing will be seen in the end.  Will you make a new middle part canopy?

And I recommend making transparent windows in the fuselage to check the ammunition boxes .... I forgot about it myself:BANGHEAD2:

Edited by corsairlada

3 hours ago, corsairlada said:

A beautiful cockpit from which nothing will be seen in the end.  Will you make a new middle part canopy?

And I recommend making transparent windows in the fuselage to check the ammunition boxes .... I forgot about it myself:BANGHEAD2:

I am planning to just leave the middle part of the canopy loose so it can be taken off to look inside.  Agree it is still going to be difficult to see much, but what can you do?

Can you recommend it photo reference that shows where the windows to check the ammo boxes are located?  Thanks

The middle part of the canopy has to be sanded a lot from the inside or made new, unfortunately the one in the kit is too thick.

Here is a picture of a small window

SUik6t.jpg

sPjbj1.jpg

He13q9.jpg

Edited by corsairlada

38 minutes ago, corsairlada said:

The middle part of the canopy has to be sanded a lot from the inside or made new, unfortunately the one in the kit is too thick.

Here is a picture of a small window

SUik6t.jpg

sPjbj1.jpg

He13q9.jpg

Thanks - I'm going to see what I can do about this.