Brand new Iwata HP BH Hi-Line, do i have a valid complaint with the cup

Hetstaine

That looks like chemical pitting caused by an etching agent.  I have only seen something like that in an airbrush after someone has used ammonia for quite some time.  If by chance you are stuck with the airbrush, you should be able to polish it out with a dremel and some polish after a few swirls with some steel wool.  They should replace that though.

Yeah that's unacceptable. If you don't get an acceptable replacement, I'd try Nic's suggestion

of hitting it with some fine steel wool. Be a shame to dump a fine airbrush because of the cup.

Good luck.

Just to wrap up this thread. After a week of back and forth with BNA they have stated the rest of the Iwata HPBH .2 brushes they have in stock are of the same finish. I opted for a full refund so will be sending the brush back on Monday.

Iwata never replied to my email showing the comparison between the Eclipse and the new brush in which i was a bit dissapointed with but what do you do. It has made me wary of a future purchase from them going by this experience, which is my only experience with their customer service.

So, now i need to find a good quality .2ish brush in around the $400 (Australian) price range.

Edited by Hetstaine

Badger sotar 2020 is amazing. They just made a large cup version this year

Other one that i have is the badger krome. Great airbrush but a pita to clean compared to my other 2 badgers. 

Edited by Neo

I absolutely love my grex airbrushes.  They have great customer service and a lot of the parts are interchangeable which makes it worthwhile if you have multiple styles.  I like Badger but it is a huge pain having to buy needles and tips for each one. 

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'm looking at a H and S atm but finding it hard to get my hands on one locally, Australia sucks for ease of buying with some products. Looking at one out of Singapore as all Aussie suppliers appear to be nil stock.

Edited by Hetstaine