Best place to live in the UK

DonH

1 hour ago, LSP_Mike said:

We do that here in Texas. Only beer/wine at the grocery. Next town for booze.

The range of whisky at our local Waitrose supermarket a 20 minute walk away would surprise you

Also 85% of the UK's annual rainfall..

Only on the West coast ,

The East Coast of Scotland have some of the lowest rainfalls in the UK, which has to do with the prevaling  weather systems coming from the west , and then hitting the highlands, which is why all Weegies have webbed feet !!

(Only joking guys! )

7 hours ago, Scotsman said:

Only on the West coast ,

The East Coast of Scotland have some of the lowest rainfalls in the UK, which has to do with the prevaling  weather systems coming from the west , and then hitting the highlands, which is why all Weegies have webbed feet !!

(Only joking guys! )

And the East Coast from Dundee north and the Moray coast are two of the sunniest areas in the UK as well.

I lived in Cheshire for a few years and it was a lot wetter and duller there than it is up here. All the rain just rolls in off the Irish Sea. Also hideously flat and dull!

All joking aside, a recurring dream I have is of finding and restoring an ancient Scottish castle. And be completely self-sustaining. Only if....

My second choice would be the Yorkshire Dales, having been through the area. But only the more remote parts of it.

5 hours ago, Astro32 said:

All joking aside, a recurring dream I have is of finding and restoring an ancient Scottish castle. And be completely self-sustaining. Only if....

Being slightly serious, you'd have more luck looking for an Irish castle. Some friends were thinking of retiring over there a couple of years back and there were several castles up for sale

They live on a narrowboat

Richard