The next LSP Forum Group Build starting June 1st...

BradG

G'day all, 

Just a little reminder about the next group build. The Eastern Front still has a few weeks to run, so there's time there to finish off your build, however, next up starting from June 1st through to November 30th will be The Battle of Britain 80th Anniversary;

Any aircraft engaged in the battle starting from June 1940's nuisance raids through to the end of the peak bombing raids in November. Support units, RAF bombers and aircraft held in reserve at the time are all eligible. Also included are aircraft from the Battle of Britain movie, if you want to build Maj. Fohn's Buchon or Squadron Leader Skippers Spitfire as they appear on film. You can also build an aircraft of the Battle of Britain memorial flight or commemorative aircraft, such as the Eurofighter painted as a Hurricane.

I've included a few things like the movie and commemorative aircraft to add some extra interest if someone wants to build a model that's a little different....and Kev always reminds me to err on the inclusion side of things. Also don't forget the Italians had a hand in the fight too. As always, questions welcome, now get planning!

Rats, I gots nuttin.  Guess that means if I want in I’ll need to invest in some early war stuff.... now what to pick?  Spit, 109E, He111 (if I can find one for a reasonable price)...decisions, decisions.

you will have to excuse my ignorance.....

but was the Hawker Typhoon (airfix 1/24) involved in the BoB???. I did a few searches but couldnt find any referances, so I'm guessing not

I am keen on this one! May also go for the old Revell Spitfire, like Thierry, an old favourite, brilliant surface detail, and one of my first models so I have strong affection for it.

Looking forward to this group build starting,

PR

20 minutes ago, Hartmann352 said:

Not sure if this is a complete list. 

Wasn't aware there were Fiats in the air for this battle.

https://www.historyhit.com/aircraft-of-the-battle-of-britain/

Cheers, 

Dave

Yes, read a bit about that somewhere. I can't remember if Hitler asked Mussolini for some participation, or if Mussolini whined about getting in on the action, but they did send a unit to fight and they did horrible and were removed.

1 hour ago, Pete Roberts said:

I am keen on this one! May also go for the old Revell Spitfire, like Thierry, an old favourite, brilliant surface detail, and one of my first models so I have strong affection for it.

Looking forward to this group build starting,

PR

Ironically, the Revell model appears in the movie as a wooden model when Ian McShane gives it to his son. Great model. I was thinking Psychedelic Monster, but it seems a shame to do that to a HK B25!

Steve

Edited by Bradleygolding

We already did a BOB anniversary GB here at LSP

This is the list of applicable planes from that GB

Allies

Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I

Supermarine Spitfire Mk.II (Selected Sq's only)

Hawker Hurricane Mk.I

Hawker Sea Hurricane

Boulton Paul Defiant Mk.I

Supermarine Stranrear Mk.I

Supermarine Walrus

Avro Anson Mk.I

Gloster Gladiator Mk.II

Bristol Beaufort

Bristol Blenheim

Miles Magister

Vickers Wellington

Handley-Page Hampden