World Of Warships Tier 7 Richelieu in Type 3 camo

The Madhatter

Hi guys

As some of you know, I am a massive WOW fan, and I had built a 1/570 Scharnhorst for my friend who is also an avid player. I had a blast making it, so decided that I'd build a ship for myself. I bought the Flyhawk Konigsberg as well as this, the Trumpeter 1/700 Richelieu. In the game (XB-1 / PS-4) this is the top tier French Battleship (alongside the Jean Bart) and I love it. It's fast and maneuverable for a battleship and it just has that French beauty to it with its raked funnel and those awesome secondary batteries on the rear end.

I used the Flyhawk PE set and the Artwox Wooden deck set. I think PE is wasted on me really. I'm not that good with it, which some of you may find surprising given the small nature of my other stuff, but PE is a very different animal to styrene.
At any rate, it looks like the ship from the game, so that's all that really matters to me there :)

49858781676_64f461fb7f_c.jpg

49858780926_a0c0bec853_c.jpg

49858245603_1b46959130_c.jpg

49859090792_e937fb4c62_c.jpg

49858241393_a9252ed450_c.jpg

49858794406_120b1da627_c.jpg

49858791846_563b90823f_c.jpg

49858256638_bc9c817a49_c.jpg

The stand was just an exercise on rusting effects. I cut notes out of the top bits to try and make them look like hard rubber.

49858248008_c9daaf2554_c.jpg

49858251048_ffcb530d3d_c.jpg

49858252783_3668f3477e_c.jpg

49859103157_2698bc0eff_c.jpg

Suppose I'd better go back to the SD but I am going to finish off the Konigsberg first. Besides, I don't have enough bench space with me working from home now. My work stuff takes up the rest of the space
Anyways, thanks for stopping in and having a look
Si

Edited by The Madhatter
Spelling

That is REALLY cool!! I beta tested WoWS and WoWP, but I honestly haven't played either in over a year. Some of the skins they came up with for ships, planes, and tanks are quite cool, and this one was one of my faves!!

I've been sorely tempted to build one of my M4A1s with my WoT camo paint, and when I build that Russian P-40 M-105, I almost painted it like the plane I flew in beta a lot. 

Tim

I am hoping that Wargaming release WOWP on XB1/PS4 soon. I've played tanks as well, but much prefer Warships. I have to check out WOWP more as I know none of the schemes available and they sound interesting.

I also have a Konigsberg, Yamato and a Nelson all to do in WOWS schemes. The Konigsberg is my second favourite of all ships on WOWS.,The Scharnhorst being #1. I am hoping they will give a date for general release of the Yamato as the 1 month trial was just not enough. I don't have enough screenshots on my phone of the Yamato in "Santa Blue" camo (the very anime style one). I felt the blue and white scheme was quite fetching on it

As for the model above, this is my third ship build as an adult I enjoyed doing it and it was a nice break from the SD. I don't have the energy needed for the SD yet, so I'm going to finish the Konigsberg before I go back to it.

thanks for looking in guys

Looks fantastic!  After many years of looking at 1/700 waterline ship kits, I finally built a few, and have really enjoyed them.

They make for a nice sized project IMO.  Not too big, not too small, and I enjoy the detail you can get in such a small package.

You wooden deck looks great, as does all the aerial wire stuff.