Trumpeter 1:16 Jagdtiger

LSP_K2

As I began exploring/examining the kit, somewhat initially confused as to why the kit weighs so much, I've discovered that all of the interior guts are also present, none of which I'll be using, and that will no doubt save gobs of hours on the project, for which I am very happy. I'll be shooting for just a good looking shelf sitter, and don't really need or want any of the fancy interior/engine compartment garbage. I'm rather optimistically (perhaps overly optimistically) shooting for completion by early September of 2021. We'll see, I guess.

7 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

As I began exploring/examining the kit, somewhat initially confused as to why the kit weighs so much, I've discovered that all of the interior guts are also present, none of which I'll be using, and that will no doubt save gobs of hours on the project, for which I am very happy. I'll be shooting for just a good looking shelf sitter, and don't really need or want any of the fancy interior/engine compartment garbage. I'm rather optimistically (perhaps overly optimistically) shooting for completion by early September of 2021. We'll see, I guess.

no want “ fancy interior/engine compartment garbage”?  Hmmm. Please send it all to me. I can use it.  I am thinking about a kit bash project.  My ‘55 convertible muscle car needs mo muscle, mo muscle 

33 minutes ago, Rick Griewski said:

no want “ fancy interior/engine compartment garbage”?  Hmmm. Please send it all to me. I can use it.  I am thinking about a kit bash project.  My ‘55 convertible muscle car needs mo muscle, mo muscle 

I'll do that, once I know for certain what I won't be using. Portions of the engine area (fuel tanks and perhaps radiator fans, for instance), will or might be visible, so I'll need to be sure I don't give those or similar items away.

8 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

I'll do that, once I know for certain what I won't be using. Portions of the engine area (fuel tanks and perhaps radiator fans, for instance), will or might be visible, so I'll need to be sure I don't give those or similar items away.

Yup build it First. On the other hand if you do a wreck of sorts then you may use /show more.

4 hours ago, dustiepal said:

Yep, I'm aware of that book. I followed his work briefly on facelook, and learned at least one interesting fact from him that I had previously been unaware of, but by and large I seldom buy "how I did it" books.

24 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

Yep, I'm aware of that book. I followed his work briefly on facelook, and learned at least one interesting fact from him that I had previously been unaware of, but by and large I seldom buy "how I did it" books.

neither do i - all those Brett G ones - pretty worthless compared to what you can get on here in my view

however,,,,

this guys *really* knows his armour, and more to the point his armour details

so if you want to know what the thing looked like inside, rather than just how to put the kit together, this will be a book for you

Edited by nmayhew

Well that's the thing, Matt. I too have some great references on the Jagdtiger, but have no desire to take the ridiculous amount of time it would take to reveal the innards and do it right. Way too much work, for way too little gain, at least as far as I'm concerned. Taking as much time as needed to do justice to the exterior details, paint and weathering, is where I'll spend my time, as that's all I'll ever see once it's completed.

Speaking of books, while I have several on the Jagdtiger, these two are my favorites of the lot, and will easily answer any questions I may have. If not, I've gathered quite a few photos over the years that should fill in any missing data.

jCAtIT.jpg