Trumpeter 1:16 Jagdtiger

LSP_K2

36 minutes ago, phasephantomphixer said:

Starting to hear the clank of tracks and squeal of steel wheels...

I hear that all the time. Much of the worst work is behind me now, but there are still a lot of small things to deal with, and they will all add up to "make or break" items.

22 minutes ago, phasephantomphixer said:

Shot of idler caps takes me back to Belgium at La Gleize when I had my boot resting on a real one...

Will you be treating items left to do as separate "little models"?

Had you decided on the paint scheme?

Yes, that will be my approach, treating each part as a small model unto itself.

Here's the tentative scheme, or at least something similar. This seems like what I'd refer to as a non-standard scheme, assuming there ever was a "standard scheme", and was most likely field applied. 113 is also interesting, and very similar to this one.

2w5gnH.jpg

Right, sometimes a better way to tackle the bigger builds. Like when doing a Carrier kit.

Wasn't sure if you decided on a particular one, agree late war field application was usually by the crew.

Like those photos of KT in the woods with a compressor next to it and a guy with a paint gun wearing only shorts for PPE.

10 hours ago, RLWP said:

Does that 'Tango Shower 970E' mean 131 has been turned into a signpost? She seems to have been knocked out on a street corner, so I guess that's possible

Richard

I actually have no idea what it really means, though I did wonder about it some. There's at least one more view of this vehicle that I've seen, taken from a different angle, but B&W.

So looking at new items in hobby, found near bottom of review here;

http://www.missing-lynx.com/reviews/german/archerdecalreviewcs_0221_1.html

Archer has done a hull casting raised letter-number set.

Perhaps if requested, 1/16 could be done too.

I did another update to my Tamiya Porsche Tiger kit and got the Trumpeter upper hull

to go with the lower and wheel/axle set from Ebay. Was only $15. Not only compare

the Tamiya hull now, but likely save the trouble of trying to match Trumpy lower to Tamiya upper.

Anyway, I bet the build is going nicer now at this stage - or hope so!

I've been putting this off for a while, as I still had work to do to the lower hull, which is mostly finished now. So, all of the torsion bars (on this side) have been given a liberal amount of liquid cement to weld them into position. My photos tend to show some varying heights, relative to the drive sprocket, so I split the difference here, and will be quite content with this arrangement.

a7tRNR.jpg

Think it a good decision to commit suspension if internals would not be conveniently accessed after completion.

If there's sagging, etc. Still not sure where I will go with Jagdtiger final, but I will setting suspension permanently

with the KingTiger since the diorama is solidified.

It looks good, even without a drop of color - so can't wait to see!

Some more fine tuning of the front maintenance hatch now done. I have to say, I'm getting sort of tired of adding surfacer to the numerous depressions. Trumpeter made them way too deep, so it really needs to be done, regardless.

dZ73ca.jpg