Trumpeter 1:16 Jagdtiger

LSP_K2

Thanks a bunch, Joe, I'm having a great time with it, and have worked on nothing else since I started it, which is somewhat unusual for me, but is certainly an indicator of my passion for this monster. Yet another very prominent item that I overlooked, are the very rough flame cuts in the hull front plate, in the vicinity of the periscope covers. Adding these gouges now will be somewhat more difficult than if I had done them previously.

YJlYFx.jpg

Kevin,  Just checking in again.  The texture looks great.  What did you do to get the texture?  Keep up the good work.  Kevin did you have any information on which ones of the Jagdtiger had Zimmerit applied to them?  

Dan 

3 minutes ago, Smokey said:

Kevin,  Just checking in again.  The texture looks great.  What did you do to get the texture?  Keep up the good work.  Kevin did you have any information on which ones of the Jagdtiger had Zimmerit applied to them?  

Dan 

Thanks a bunch, Dan. The cast texture is just stippled surfacer. As to zimmerit, only the versions with the Porsche running gear had it, as far as I am aware.

After filing a very minor mold depression that ran the span of the piece, I've now gone ahead and added bogus casting numbers to the superstructure front plate. More casting texture to be added here as well, as Trumpeter left it as smooth as glass, which it most certainly was not.

qFvpYf.jpg

1 hour ago, Gazzas said:

Love the casting numbers.  Did you use a number set, or shave some from a sprue?

That thing is gonna be huge!

A number set from Plastruct, the smallest they had. And yes, it will be quite large.