Trumpeter 1:16 Jagdtiger

LSP_K2

Here’s a pratfall to be wary of. The steel hoods over the periscopes on the roof (and elsewhere, I imagine) have two ejector pin marks each that really need to be dealt with, especially if one wants to enter the kit into a contest, as I will most surely be doing. I almost missed them and glued them on last night.  

jiGOP4.jpg

Trumpeter did a real good job of designing certain items to minimize seams as much as possible, like the doors on the rear of the superstructure. Minor seams do remain however, such as the area around the hinges, but these are rather handily dealt with by a liberal dose of surfacer. This one needs just a wee bit more. I'm very pleased with the thought that has gone into the design of this kit.

4gtBIR.jpg

17 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Did I say this thing is large? Barrel assembly with 1:48 Tamiya Bf 109E wings. I love this model!

E9IzUJ.jpg

Yup, big kit! But put it against a set of HPH 1/48th B-52 wings, then we will see how large it really is. :)

BTW, I also picked up the new 1/16 Pz. I kit; really nice! And no interior to anguish over.

Rear of superstructure now pretty much done. After I took this photo though, I went ahead and added surfacer to the depressions in the massive armored doors and cast outer hinges. While these depressions are most certainly on the vehicle, Trumpeter somewhat over emphasized them, at least in my opinion.

tWUrNm.jpg

18 minutes ago, RNoAF said:

This tank is just so cool!! Thinking about buying one myself...

Do it. So far it's been a great experience. I may be overly optimistic here, but if I continue the pace I've established, I may be painting it by June sometime.

Kevin,  Great start on the Jagdtiger.  I have this in the pile to go with my Tiger I which stalled out.  I sure wish they would have come up with some more after market items for this like a barrel with the correct rifling in it.   Besides what Aber puts out I haven't found much for these big tanks especially this one it is a shame.  Keep up the great work and I'm following along taking notes.   Dan

4 hours ago, Smokey said:

Kevin, Great start on the Jagdtiger. I have this in the pile to go with my Tiger I which stalled out. I sure wish they would have come up with some more after market items for this like a barrel with the correct rifling in it. Besides what Aber puts out I haven't found much for these big tanks especially this one it is a shame. Keep up the great work and I'm following along taking notes. Dan

Thanks. I can live with the bogus rifling of the barrel (it's roughly 45° to the barrel centerline, which is ridiculous), but to be quite honest, the kit really needs nothing in the way of AM to be very complete, it's that well planned.

4 hours ago, 305 swag said:

I would love to get my paws on one of those R/C 1/16 Tamiya panther g’s.

Grab one. I'm already saving for the big Tamiya Pershing (or JS-2, I haven't really made up my mind yet).

13 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Thanks. I can live with the bogus rifling of the barrel (it's roughly 45° to the barrel centerline, which is ridiculous), but to be quite honest, the kit really needs nothing in the way of AM to be very complete, it's that well planned.

Grab one. I'm already saving for the big Tamiya Pershing (or JS-2, I haven't really made up my mind yet).

I think they are discontinued.