Periscope visors for the driver's sector and commander’s turret.

Dany Boy

I just improve the commander’s turret for my Italeri’s -Revell 03019 Pz.Kpfw V Panther Ausf. A 1:35 which I have from long time in my collection ;)

0429206b30d0.jpg

Unfortunately there is no periscope visors for the driver's and commander’s turret in the box, and this is so bad. Model needs 11 units 7 for the commander’s turret, and 3 for the driver and radio operator sector + 1 for the gun loader.

2beae44df4a4.jpg

It is interesting that copy of the tamiya’s periscope visors fits perfectly in the revell’s commander’s turret without any adjustment.

But they need some sawing for the Tamiya’s turret.

060b39540363.jpg

My Tamiya Ausf G 35176 has in the set only 4 of this periscope visors for the driver and radio operator and 1 for the gun loader, but no one for the commander’s turret!?! So I saw and adjust the periscope visors so I can fix them in the Tamiya’s turret :)

I made copy of the Tamiya’s commander’s turret for my Italeri’s model years ago.

But just these days I equip the turret with the copies of this tamiya’s periscope visors, and now it is looking so much better :)

c8a7700a51e2.jpg

f7146ce8dc11.jpg

After all  my old Revell’s model looking decent with its New turret :)

41c1b02f8c30.jpg

194ca2a0ea10.jpg

If someone shows interest to improve the situation with his models which have no enough periscope visors I can offer for swap some of mine sets you know from here for something I need! For example I am looking for Tamiya 35171 1/35 Panther Type G Separate Track Links Model Kit

Thanks for looking

Edited by Dany Boy

Also I made some copies from my Tamiya’s Ausf G gun parts interior for my Revell-Italeri model, and if someone like them I could add this  nice accessories which can be very useful to improve your unassembled Italeri Panther Ausf G, A or D model.

2ae839cb5e9d.jpg

d211c227c442.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Colleague writes me that he plan to solve this (Periscope visors) problem using Photo echet parts, but I happen to have one of the sets in my collection and I am not impressed :( not at all :(

87ff426bd15c.jpg

Firs the visor doesn’t fit in tamiya’s turret cavities, not without sawing the back angles. The good thing is this will not be necessary for Italeri’s Panthers. Anywise it is better to have them rather not.

17d02dd24b24.jpg

My set is not interior but to make it look better I simply cut the driver/s sector Periscope visors.

144e504af1f0.jpg

Edited by Dany Boy