IBG 1/32 PZL P.11c

Mariusz

7 minutes ago, Thomas Lund said:

That is a fantastic finish !!! Is the build oob ?

Thomas there are some 3-rd party addons: BitsKrieg (resin spinner, oil cooler) Yahu’s instrument panels and Master- Model metal parts: MG barrels, gunsight and Venturi’s tube.

27 minutes ago, jniewiad said:

Very nice :clap2:, did you use Montex super mask?

Jniewiad, I used only part of the Maxi Masks for the insignia. Wibault’s plates on the wings were the biggest challenge for me and the masks ;) (especially narrow red borders of the insignia). Due to the small surface of the masks they were not able to stick to the wings. Additionally, it seems to me that bottom wings insignias are little bit too big. For the squadron number, emblem etc. some Techmod’s decals were used. I am really impressed of the quality of the decals.

Edited by Mariusz

28 minutes ago, Greif8 said:

Outstanding work!  Did the plane belong to a particular pilot?

Lt Stanisław Skalski when he served in the 142nd Fighter Squadron in Toruń (1938/39). Skalski during the WW2 became the top Polish fighter ace of the war and the first Allied fighter ace of the war. 

Edited by Mariusz

That is beautiful Mariusz!! The build, the finish, the weathering are outstanding...and the photography too. And you did it so quickly!!

Can't wait to start mine, I hope it comes out half as nice as yours.

Excellent workmanship!

Richard

R Palimaka, in my personal opinion the IBG’s model and its engineering is very supportive to achieve a very good effect in short time, even for guys as me who are new in 1/32 scale. There are only few thing’s requiring correction. The biggest challenge for me was figuring out what type of wings were used on Skalski’s plane ( with or without MGs, how many bomb racks were installed etc.) Fortunately the Krzysztof Sikora article (in Polish) in www.minireplika.pl gave me a lot of answers: https://www.minireplika.pl/index.php/29-uzupelnienia-korekty/143-p-11c-stanislawa-skalskiego

Edited by Mariusz

7 hours ago, Mariusz said:

Lt Stanisław Skalski when he served in the 142nd Fighter Squadron in Toruń (1938/39). Skalski during the WW2 became the top Polish fighter ace of the war and the first Allied fighter ace of the war. 

Thank you for the information.  I have been to Torun a couple of times and never knew it had an airbase in 1939.

It would also be useful to check the gunsight viewing system and the respective positions of the bead and the ring.
It even happens to the best to do it the wrong way round ;)

Edited by quang