IBG 1/32 PZL P.11c

Mariusz

Super impressive, that’s a really great finish! Odd that the national insignias on the upper wings are spaced differently but I’m sure there’s a reason! Many congratulations on a wonderfully realistic model. :clap2:

28 minutes ago, mozart said:

Super impressive, that’s a really great finish! Odd that the national insignias on the upper wings are spaced differently but I’m sure there’s a reason! Many congratulations on a wonderfully realistic model. :clap2:

The  asymmetrical position of the national markings was deliberate.
If the markings were placed symmetrically, it would suffice for the enemy to aim between the markings and hit the plane’s pilot. It was for the same reason that USAAC planes later carried the star-and-bar on the port wing only.;)

32 minutes ago, mozart said:

Mozart, it was intended and described in the PAF painting instructions as “...to confuse process of aiming by the enemy fighters”. By the way, thank you for good words about the model.

Edited by Mariusz

Just now, quang said:

Great finish and weathering, Mariusz :clap2:

Did you have problems with the landing gear? I found that on my model, the legs are somewhat flexible and have a tendency to splay and spread under the weight of the wing. :wacko:

So when is your beauty going to appear in the RFI section Q? 

5 minutes ago, mozart said:

So when is your beauty going to appear in the RFI section Q? 

I need to fix the splaying legs. Still don’t know how.  I admit I’m losing the mojo because of it. :wacko:

25 minutes ago, quang said:

Great finish and weathering, Mariusz :clap2:

Did you have problems with the landing gear? I found that on my model, the legs are somewhat flexible and have a tendency to splay and spread under the weight of the wing. :wacko:

I have no problems with landing gear at all. I have even noticed that photoeched parts  (PE 17) when installed properly works as shock absorber (damper) in real plane and preventing  spreading the legs