80 years since Battle of France and soon to be BoB.

Troy Molitor

I just sold a couple kits of some awesome looking WWII French fighters we hardly ever see built in 1:32.   A Dewoitine D.520 and a Bloch MB. 152.   Maybe some seller remorse going on here, no doubt.  

The early Curtiss P-36’s and the fabric winged Hurricanes look so awesome from this period.  We need more of these aircraft subjects built.    Hacker.  Are you listening?   Lol.  

FYI, Wing Masters has a current issue out with the period a/c on Full coverage.   

Sorry, I’m just projecting on my friends here.  Let us go back to the Waller about the demise of WNW and 37 pages of Tamiya rumors.   Oh yawn......& joy.  

Just for humor. No offense.  

1 hour ago, Archimedes said:

if I wanted to do a good 1/32 fabric wing Hurricane what are my choice of kits to base this on?

The long OOP PCM rag-wing Mk.I, kit or the Grey Matter resin conversion for the old Revell kit:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222079555869

1 hour ago, Troy Molitor said:

Maybe some seller remorse going on here, no doubt.

I got a D.520 with your name on it, if you want it...

D

Brother D,

We have sent large volumes of plastic and whatnot throughout the years back and forth and -still- I think I get the best deals from you always!  The Revell Shinden N1K1 with floats is still the crown jewel.  Some of our deals have even transcended continents, right?   Lol.  

The PCM fabric wing Hurricane is the bees knees!   

I think the Curtiss P-36 French birds are just awesome.  I’m still searching.  

Strangely enough given this thread I have just been up to the loft to look for my next projects and decided that my collection of PCM kits needs some attention, so the next two will be the PCM Spitfire IX and the fabric wing Hurricane.

YUPdWF.jpg

I also really like the early WW2 period and especially the French aircraft, so far I have built the D520, MS405 and the Bloch 152, still got to get around to the C714.

Cheers

Dennis

45 minutes ago, mozart said:

What a great collection of PCM kits Dennis!  I've got the metal and rag wing Hurricanes but that's it. 

Hi Max, it was the Italian subjects that first interested me, then they fetched out the Spitfire IX/XIV, and the Tempest, these I could not resist. But my modelling tends to go off at a tangent so I never got to build them. Hopefully when the Japanese theme is done (one to go) the Hurricane and Spitfire IX will be started.

Cheers

Dennis

I’m desperate to build at least one of my Hurricanes as that of Billy Drake, 1 Squadron in the Battle of France early 1940. I’ve done quite a lot of research including reading both Paul Richey and Billy Drake’s autobiographies (Richey’s is by far the better), but other builds keep getting in the way. And now I’ve just ordered a DH Rapide that I’ll be desperate to build! :help: