My first double build - Calling them DONE - Pic’s in RFI

Stokey Pete

I’ve just shocked myself by realising the date I started this thread was only two months ago! 
I never build at this pace, even one a/c, let alone two. Usually, I’m a one jet per year average. 

Granted, building them gear up, and with no engine detail/painting has contributed a bit.

I’m declaring myself as happy with the paintwork as I can be. Any more Airbrush touching up and I’d be masking the touched up areas to touch up others, going round in circles. I’m dealing with the tiny touch ups by brush as I spot them. So I hit it with a gloss coat and had a go at the decals bit.

My only complaint is that the black on the wing decals doesn’t match the black that I used to base coat. I guess that was too much to hope

for, and that it’ll not be too noticeable under another gloss coat, weathering layer, and final flat finish.

So here’s where I’m at.

50081293606_564c5fa075_b.jpg

1 hour ago, scvrobeson said:

That looks fantastic.  All of that hard work is paying off with the paint scheme.

Matt 

Thanks Matt, you’re right about it paying off now. At times, I was getting close to launching it against something hard and immovable.

Apart from making bases, stands,  and a few weapons, I’m calling time on these Vipers. There’ll be a bunch of photo’s when they’re on stands, and I have a plain backdrop to shoot against. They’ve been great fun to paint (even with the headaches and dramas), and I LOVE how the two schemes have finally turned out. I can’t wait to see them posed dynamically.

50085464847_ef5084f57e_b.jpg

More pic’s when they’re posted in RFI.