Harness confusion

Some instructions for PE belts are extremely unclear. I suspect they're called a Sutton harness? If that's of any help to anybody.

I tried to make an illustration in MS Paint to demonstrate my point. Where on earth is the Y harness supposed to go? Do I fold it behind the U harness, or let the pointy belt things protrude from the top? It's annoying me quite a lot that the instructions don't tell me.ic6JErv.jpg

Edited by Sparzanza

I did attempt to explain this but you’d probably end up better informed if you do a www search for ‘Sutton harness Spitfire’, which throws up several diagrams which are much clearer than my miserable attempt.  Radu’s website RB Productions also has photos of his assembled paper and etched brass belts, which are useful (to me anyway).

Might toss these in the garbage after all. They just won't bend proper. I can't pre-bend them because I don't know how they're supposed to be bent, and when supergluing them into place with what I thought was a good superglue (Loctite) they just snap off when trying to bend them into the correct position and shape afterwards.

Photoetch is stupid and can f*ck off.

1 hour ago, Sparzanza said:

Trying to make do with the OOB PE. Thanks for your input.

As mentioned above I believe, I would try annealing them. This will make the metal much less "springy" if that make sense. I would also definitely experiment (if you have any older PE belt sets) on an older set or even PE of the same thickness that are not seatbelts. 

The small hand held low heat torches work well, or as above a lighter held in the right manor. 

I did heat them up with a lighter and they became sort of more bendable I guess, but the Y harness has already gotten a few pieces snapped off due to excessive bending. Because I still can't wrap my head around how to position them despite all the pictures and google searches. It's not easy being dumb.