crobinsonh

I have been down to Cornwall for a holiday every year since 2015..

..and on each instance, Mrs Shoggz and I have paid the FAA museum a visit on the way down from our midlands abode!

..and in those visits, I have probably spent 50% of the time looking at this Corsair as it absolutely fascinates me.

(The Blackburn Skua 'diorama' is also interesting.)

9 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

As I mentioned, and thanks to Dana for the information, the last block of 700 FG-1As left the Goodyear factory in Gloss Sea Blue.  So externally it’s a -1A, but one of the very few you’ll see in GSB (the only ones I’ve ever seen).  As such, it would have had the cross brace in the canopy.  It does have the combat prop, so if you’re starting with a -1A kit you need to source that prop from somewhere. I don’t know if there’s an aftermarket prop out there.  An F6F prop would work.

I think you're mistaken about that prop.  Compare the image of a known F4U-1D with the "combat prop" with the prop of KD431.  I think you'll notice quite a difference  in the profile toward the base of the prop blades.

zio2nlq.jpg

s3V8Jy6.jpg

Anyone have dims for the RN fuselage vents?  I did try to measure them from the artwork in Jennings’s set but it was tricky because of the background.  Still, none of the other drawings I have even shows them, so that’s the best source I’ve found so far.  The damn plane is too far away from the rope at Yeovilton to get a tape on it (no doubt for that very reason!).

19 hours ago, Bob MDC said:

The Corsair conversion is 1/48 scale we still do it but we have a few things to sort with the new website.

Bob

Well if you want to make a few sales of 1/32, please consider a FAA conversion in our scale

Please include wingtips!

1 hour ago, nmayhew said:

Well if you want to make a few sales of 1/32, please consider a FAA conversion in our scale

Please include wingtips!

The short and the short-short wingtips (yes, there are two FAA wingtips according to F4U-1 Corsair Vol. 2), and don't forget the vents please :)

Edited by Juggernut

We did consider this when the Corsair was released but there was a post "The British Corsair is coming" since then bugger all, I could do my grumpy old man rant about lists and new releases but will spare you:BANGHEAD2:

I am working on a couple of things at present one being another promise failed.

Will have a look at it please don't expect anything overnight (I am allegedly semi-retired) 

Bob

Question about kink, if it is the raised area in the photo above immediately behind the open engine bay, no that is not present on the Tamiya kit.  Is there really a kink there or is that a trick on the eye?  I have built two of the tamiya kit’s and fuselage is consistent through that area, no kink or bump.