Digital Fulcrum:

Uncarina

I almost never work on two kits at once, especially when they are big. However, I simply could not wait to share the other build I have been working on, the Slovakian MiG-29AS in digital camouflage. I have had the Trumpeter MiG-29A kit for several years now and have collected some aftermarket:

Scale-Pro Digital Camouflage Stencils

Quickboost Nosecone

Quickboost Ejection Seat

Eduard Cockpit Set

Eduard Canopy Mask

Mastermodel Pitot Tube

Tamiya "Bird Slicers" IFF antennae

I could be mistaken (certainly not the first time), but I believe the aircraft has the following paint:

FS 36375

FS 36493

FS 36081

My references are all online, but include Seans epic work:

As well as Martins of course:

Unfortunately the photos are gone from the latter, but I still have learned a lot!

I will be making some corrections, and wanted to start with these so that I haven't invested a lot of time and effort in the build if they do not work out. So far my main areas of focus is on the upper fuselage:

--To extend the LERX forward I have scored plastic inside the upper fuselage forward and behind  the gun port and bent it out. When fitted to the lower fuselage this creates a gap which I will address with plastic shims, then sand the profile to shape and rescribe

--The curved line below the cockpit is a actually two overlapping planes, so I've sanded the upper part to accentuate this and make this section more vertical

--The dorsal spine should be rounder in profile, so I've sanded it back with a slight bulge at the APU

--The upper bulges for the engines are anemic and too angular. I will be adding Tamiya putty, sand, and scribe.

Anyway, here are the photos:

MmZ6mSO.jpg

xKhd2fR.jpg

My subject aircraft

80UjkcY.jpg

hhVcCz4.jpg

Khfuxdd.jpg

Cheers,  Tom

Edited by Uncarina