conversion Mirage III .....to Atlas Cheetah C

alain11

hi gents

not really a WIP , because almost done .....so here is my almost completed conversion : from Mirage to Cheetah C ... C for complicated :rolleyes: I sometimes struggled , but I enjoyed building this bird .....

for now I am in standby , indeed , I had troubles with the windscreen : this particular part, is frame-less , so ... I sanded off theses frames , then I polished them ( what else :hmmm:) unfortunately , despite allll my care ... it finely cracks :BANGHEAD2:   s.it !!!! ....two time :BANGHEAD2: :BANGHEAD2: .. to be continue .. must be fixed  

I want to warmly thank my friend Nick , who provided me invaluable help ......thank you for your patience too :thumbsup:

Alain 

10010.jpg

10110.jpg

10210.jpg

10310.jpg

10410.jpg

10510.jpg

Excellent work!  Wingman Models originally suggested sanding off the frames of the windshield form the basic Kinetic kit they used, but the problem is that the kit windshield is moulded with a "flat spot" on the inside of the canopy to reflect the outside shape.  This means there would still be reflections and distortions from the inside surfaces, and they listened to feedback and made a vacuum formed windshield (even though they said modellers hated vacuum formed parts).  WIth all the work you've done, a new windshield will be what is needed to make that cockpit justice.

hi gents

thank you for watching !!!!... to answer to questions : one provided me the main components ,I should rather say essential components  : nose cone , IP , shaft disperser canister and other small parts ... the nose cone was originally  made to  fit to the old Revel kit , so I have " reshaped" it  to get this "step" on the under side ( see the white putty on the under side ) . a bit of "scratch build " is needed here and there ... wheel wells , gear doors , "canard " ( Kfir reminiscence :mental:)  etc .. and of course , thing that gives her this graceful line , namely , the fuselage extension ( 19 mm) 

I think I fixed the wind screen issue , not really perfect , but far better than the " tinkered " kit part :hmmm:

Alain