1/32 Harrier conversion

docdodj01

So, we are still on quarantine here in Manila, Philippines, so I decided to start a build.  I have the OLD revell harrier GR1, and I have had this kit for almost 10 years in my stash, along with a resin nose conversion to a GR3. I totally forgot the one who made this, but I want to give a shout of thanks! Anyways, here we go.

36-D28-C6-D-068-E-4-EF6-A34-B-2-DC0-C5-F

B8-C69-F48-1699-4808-89-DB-C7-EC8-A028-C

The resin nose fits perfect, and provides that characteristic look of the snoopy nosed harrier.  Generally the Revell harrier is correct in "outline", but requires corrections and added details.  Foremost is the exhaust blister fairings. They're triangular in shape, instead of cylindrical.

6200-ABAA-E9-C7-4-DFB-868-C-C2798201052-

2482-E457-7835-406-A-8-F75-719-AABB36583

So I decided to plaster on a styrene sheet, added epoxy putty, and started sanding away. I wont be after a perfect shape, but enough to correct the obvious.

E7-E0-A90-A-6-A6-B-4188-8807-D7-EF55-E2-

AEE2165-C-D528-403-C-AAA6-D5-BAC9663-E90

1 hour ago, tigger said:

If I am not mistaken the nose lrmts conversion may well be one I mastered and cast ?

keep up the good work.

NOW I REMEMBER! :-) A MILLION THANKS! 

PS: I also have the SHAR Vacform set. :-)

Edited by docdodj01

Good to see you're on this as I'm planning some of these myself. Bearing horses and stable doors in mind, I found it easier to cut the NACA intake ahead of the forward nozzle

into the rectangular panel beforehand.

Also the fins on Harriers (and Sea Harriers) with the RHAW fairing had to be extended in height by roughly the depth of the fairing. If you look at photos you'll notice the taller fin cap.

49829402952_e99f51e265_b.jpg

1 hour ago, Chek said:

Good to see you're on this as I'm planning some of these myself. Bearing horses and stable doors in mind, I found it easier to cut the NACA intake ahead of the forward nozzle

into the rectangular panel beforehand.

Also the fins on Harriers (and Sea Harriers) with the RHAW fairing had to be extended in height by roughly the depth of the fairing. If you look at photos you'll notice the taller fin cap.

49829402952_e99f51e265_b.jpg

thanks for the tip! am planning to use plasticard to extend the vertical tail.