1/32 Tamiya GT Resin Intakes and Avionix Resin Cockpit

WheelsUp

I’m looking for feedback on exactly where to cut the kit fuselage to add these two aftermarket sets.

The instructions for both are a little less clear than I’d like, especially the GT Resin Intake set, and I don’t want to mess up the model by cutting it incorrectly.

any help is greatly appreciated:)

I've only used Cutting Edge sets but I believe the principle is the same (albeit that the GT set has the interior vari-ramp integrally moulded with the inlet, rather than relying on the kit parts): 

The intake flanges or inner rims on the big fuselage piece need grinding back so that these are fuselage shell thickness. There is no cutting as such IIRC. The inlet parts may then be dry-fitted and any further trimming or sanding performed as necessary. 

HTH 

Tony 

You're welcome! 

I did some test fits before commiting to glue and that just about eliminated the need for filler. I found that it best to make sure the intake is flush along the top so as not to get a step when you attach the wing. 

Here's the E  that I used the DN intakes on. 

IMG_20190506_161028-L.jpg

I did a D using Rhino intakes but the work is pretty much identical as far as the cutting and installation of the intakes. 

IMG_20150325_215845-L.jpg

Here's some better pics of what needs to be removed. 

IMG_20200426_215824-L.jpg

Depending on the intake, you may need to remove more material from the inner edge. You can see the difference between the two fuselages here. The one in front has more of a step cut into it versus the one in back. 

IMG_20200426_215904-L.jpg