HK B-25J Strafer

Brenhen

I've had this sitting and waiting to be built for a while, and finally decided to get it done. I really enjoyed the kit overall, with the only complaint being some clarity issues with some of the instructions. Overall though I was impressed.

Besides the kit itself, I used some Brassin wheels, Master Model metal gun barrels, AMS prop blades and G Factor metal landing gear. The dragon on the nose and all the markings were done with masks I drew and cut using a Silhouette cutter. I had been going back and forth between doing a strafer or a glass nose version. Ultimately I like the history behind the strafers too much to pass it up.

I hope you enjoy the pictures

j7nf9y1.png

photo credit World War II database and David Stubblebine

UfjU4da.jpg

riaoMQh.jpg

kAFLQiv.jpg

F5eQgPB.jpg

8phu3w1.jpg

ulMFUzM.jpg

GdBLgzN.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Beautiful build with two exceptions; the 2 prop blades are turning the wrong way.

And the 'twist' or 'wash out' should have the blade flattening out toward the tip.

The actual B-25 picture you have posted shows what I am talking about.

Look carefully at the prop blades and you will see the 'chipped' leading edge of the blades is on the opposite edge of the blade.

Not being critical but I thought you would like to know so you can correct the issue.

I have an extra set of Loon aftermarket blades you can have if you want them.

1 hour ago, Keith Cox said:

Beautiful build with two exceptions; the 2 prop blades are turning the wrong way.

And the 'twist' or 'wash out' should have the blade flattening out toward the tip.

The actual B-25 picture you have posted shows what I am talking about.

Look carefully at the prop blades and you will see the 'chipped' leading edge of the blades is on the opposite edge of the blade.

Not being critical but I thought you would like to know so you can correct the issue.

I have an extra set of Loon aftermarket blades you can have if you want them.

aaah, .....really????