Wingnut Wings Handley Page O/100

seiran01

On 4/25/2020 at 1:49 AM, seiran01 said:

Port engine nacelle was built open to show off (part of) the Eagle engine.  The front of the fuel tank inside the nacelle is just visible behind the engine. 

I0f7Q2V.jpg

RPrgcWo.jpg

T2nlP0Z.jpg

Both nacelles now attached, they were rigged up with fine EZ Line. I've started adding rigging between the wings, fuselage and nacelles now, which is heavy EZ Line.

n40EKfs.jpg

IfUq9yw.jpg

13vlbF0.jpg

Just for fun, I've fitted the outer wings, without the interplane struts. I've not seen any evidence at all of drooping at the joins or along the length of the wings. She's a BIG beast!

rsdyZ2k.jpg

So that's the current progress, I hope you like her so far! I've been doing a speed build on a P-47 to reset my brain and will be returning to the Handley Page build project in the next few days. Stay tuned for more updates :)

Outstanding! Wow! Real shame we won’t see this in kit form, look forward to future posts...!

Edited by Pup7309

• 1 month later...

I've been away from the forum for some time so I missed this. It's so rare for me to see an unreleased kit actually built, instead of stashed. And to see it so beautifully done is an added treat. Bravo!

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, we moved to a new house late last year and I still don’t have a full build area / display area organized yet. The Handley is sitting carefully protected in my storage unit until I am confident that I have the room and organization done right. The last thing I want to do is risk the safety of the bloody paralyser! :) 

• 1 year later...