JSDAF Electronic warfare YS-11EB bi-engine plane 1/32 kit?

thierry laurent

Hi gents,

as hinted by two of our fellows, I'm starting a specific thread to know if there is any interest in a kit depicting that version?

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/NAMC_YS-11#/media/Fichier:NAMC_YS-11EB_(YS-11A-305),_Japan_-_Air_Force_AN1722042.jpg

Personally, I prefer that version rather than the Andover and it looks another modeller is interested as well.

This will not be cheap (at least the cost of two Tamiya kits) and surely not a weekend project but if ever released, the model is going to be a rare beast to say the least. And this will probably be the only turboprop kit before long with a size not far from the one of a B-17!

So, if you love Hinomarus and think this is the timely opportunity to get it, please let me know!

Thanks!

Jennings, this is a post for this exact type, as it's already been produced in both 72nd and 48th... he will upscale to 32nd if enough people want one.

I would of gave it serious thought had I not just bought the 1/48th version. It's a lovely kit for what it is... hope you find enough to get it going. I know for the 748, he only wanted 3 people... 

Few pics of my 1/48th kit. (1/72nd S-55 for scale)

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

Edited by Radders

52 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

If you're going to that trouble, I'd make sure you have the ability to do the original RR Dart powered airliner version.  The T64 powered one was only flown by the JASDF.

Toshihiko already does the Dart powered NAMC YS-11A version - in 1:72 and 1:48

Iain

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully Thierry doesn't mind me adding this - an in-progess build of a 1:72 3D Print from the same source for inspiration - build by Arie Michael

48b427_58f4027b202a4f8496064b218d54c2d5~

48b427_252fd764a272418b96af11eb06c36116~

My 1:32 3D Print of the HS 780 Andover arrived yesterday - and certainly worth it - a YS-11EB in 1:32 would be stunning IMHO...

Iain

On 4/24/2020 at 6:48 PM, Radders said:

Jennings, this is a post for this exact type, as it's already been produced in both 72nd and 48th... he will upscale to 32nd if enough people want one.

I would of gave it serious thought had I not just bought the 1/48th version. It's a lovely kit for what it is... hope you find enough to get it going. I know for the 748, he only wanted 3 people... 

Few pics of my 1/48th kit. (1/72nd S-55 for scale)

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

Very noice!!!

How many shekels for said beastie?

So we are Ok. Personnally, I can purchase it in June but I think we can already contact the Japanese craftsman. I do not have the contact references of the producer but you Anthony, do you have them? I had the feeling you already contacted him when the Andover was discussed. Am I right?