Revell 1/32 Late model P-51D, when?

Steve C

26 minutes ago, MikeMaben said:

Don't know what they're waiting for.  The fillet tail sprue has already been created.

9Yp8sww.jpg

Could be queues for the IM process?

Every producer seems to be behind in production right now, COVID doesn't help either!

50 minutes ago, dennismcc said:

I've got the Tamiya P51D but also two Revell kits as well as there are so many attractive P51 subjects out there that I could not afford to build them all using Tamiya kits.

Cheer4s

Dennis

My sentiments exactly..........

3 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Likely because not everyone wants to spend the money on the Tamiya kit, especially if they don’t care about having a full engine.

So the only difference between the two kits is that Tamiya provides an engine?   LOL. 

33 minutes ago, John1 said:

So the only difference between the two kits is that Tamiya provides an engine?   LOL. 

...Yeah...looks like it, this Revell 51D is a major improvement over what Revell ever produced on the Mustang subject, but that being said, i still have to admit the Tamiya offering, as well as the ZM one, are gems all together, just because of engineering, detailing and such, but what Revell eventually succeeded in was producing a very convincing Mustang for a very reasonable price, hope somehow they "might" be able to actually release a well documented "B" version sometime.............

Oh, and btw, revell even  hit the correct maingear bay spot on, compared to "some" others....

Edited by Jack

12 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

Same here. I can buy several Revell kits for the price of one Tamiya kit.

Can buy 3 Revell kits to the 1 Tamiya kit. I don't do any of the features of the Tamiya kit, Revell kit built OK for me, and except for adding belts and decals would be OOB. Can do a LOT of Revell builds VS Tamiya builds. Now they just need to do the Fillet tail...

Don

1 hour ago, John1 said:

I never said, or implied, that the only difference between the kits was the engine.  My main point about the engine is that not everyone wants to pay extra for features like a complete engine or open gun bays if they intend to close them up.  If you want to talk detail, I also think the Revell cockpit is a little bit better than the Tamiya pit.  The main letdown with the Revell kit is the thick canopy (and the lack of a late option).  But, even if you believe that the Tamiya kit is better quality, it’s not 3x better, which is at least the price difference, and yes I have both kits in my stable to compare.

21 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Yeah, but you can only buy the filletless ones, so how much of an advantage is that really?

....wait for it....................................

20 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Yeah, but you can only buy the filletless ones, so how much of an advantage is that really?

Since you can get the Aerocraft late tail conversion, plus a new canopy, and still be in for half the price of the Tamiya kit, I’d say it’s still an advantage.

3 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Same here. I can buy several Revell kits for the price of one Tamiya kit.

Just my $0.02 - I doubt there are many folks that are interested in buying multiple 32nd scale kits of a P-51D (or any subject for that matter), the comments here on LSP notwithstanding.  My take is that if I’m buying a single kit, I want it to be the best one out there, bar none.   Go big or go home, I guess.   I’m not rolling in cash but dropping an extra $60 or so for Tamiya quality is a trivial purchase.