Luftwaffe F-4F Phantom 2 Finished at last!

Grant_T

I'm switching my entry to this after the MiG-23 started to become complicated and seemed like too much work. I just want a simple build, and Revell's Phantom (for all its faults) seems like the kit.

I've made a start. I'll be doing the orange tailed bird because it appeals to me.

001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg

Edited by Grant_T

This kit is going together really quickly and I'm enjoying it a lot. It is typical Revell, quite simple with nice fine detail in places but a complete lack of detail in others. There are some ugly gaps behind the intakes and the cockpit will need a bit more work. I've used minimal filler so far but there are a couple of spots that will need some.

004.jpg
005.jpg
006.jpg

I'm building the same kit and my experiences are very positive. Fit is ok and with some attention to detail one can make a stunning model out of it.

Looking sharp Grant.

Would be interesting to see what color brand you choose for the scheme. I was looking at the Hataka Paint sets to match that with Mr. Color.

I'm getting nuts with the water based paints over here. Humidity and Heat don't make them work for me.

Robert Jan

15 hours ago, Dutch Man said:

Would be interesting to see what color brand you choose for the scheme. I was looking at the Hataka Paint sets to match that with Mr. Color.

I'm getting nuts with the water based paints over here. Humidity and Heat don't make them work for me.

Hi Robert, I'm going to have to mix the colours from Tamiya acrylics as that's all I use. Hopefully I should be able to get something close, but any tips would be appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...