Infinity Models Aichi D3A Val

Jan_G

14 hours ago, Borsos said:

There’s so much to do that I collected (my wife says „hoarded“) over tge years and that attracts me and cries „build me!“

Hearing voices Andreas ???

sYTmL0T.jpg?2

Uh Oh ...

;)

3 minutes ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

Looking good so far. When can we expect this to be released and for what price?

No idea on price, but Infinity confirms that the model is in "post production" - which I take to mean that the plastic is done, and they're onto the instructions, decals, and box.

Kev

19 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

For these photos I feel the surfaces look not all that great. I do not know what the real ac looked like but this much rivet and wrinkle. I still want one to really see what is going on and I will build it. There is always Mr. Surfacer primer. 

Yeah, I'm not too crazy [well..... maybe] about the "rivet" detail. Maybe that's way I like Hasegawa's approach. Flush rivets just aren't that noticeable on real aircraft they just aren't unless you get right up on the skin itself[ if it's done right that is] I shouldn't be able to see them from a scale distance of 25 -30 feet  Yup Mr. surfacer is my friend yes he is.

I kinda like the detail I can see on the wings.  Those planes used a large wing to make up for a lack of engine power.  And diving would have been stressful as well.  I wish there were more detail shots of Stuka and other aircraft wings out there wings.

1 hour ago, Rick Griewski said:

Good point Gazzas. I will have a clear plan for how much I cover up with Mr. Surfacer.  

I've never had much success with Mr. Surfacer.  It always seems to sink too much for me.  The only thing I use it for now is to add armor texture to tank models.  

Finishing irregular surfaces on aircraft would be a whole new ballgame for me.

Good article , the only question I have is about the 3rd profile [ 9-222] where it was stated that the unit it was assigned to was the 14 Sentai[????]. Sentai is usually connected with the JAAF not the Navy, unless I've missed something [ entirely possible].Otherwise good profiles! Olive grey is another term for J3.

1 hour ago, Gazzas said:

I've never had much success with Mr. Surfacer.  It always seems to sink too much for me.  The only thing I use it for now is to add armor texture to tank models.  

Finishing irregular surfaces on aircraft would be a whole new ballgame for me.

Yeah, it does sink and shrink sometimes a bit too much and it can be problematic. I've used .....and try not to laugh ... typewriter correction fluid, it doesn't seem to shrink as much and is completely sandable. I know sounds crazy doesn't it you might want to try it and see what you think