Infinity Models Aichi D3A Val

Jan_G

On 8/5/2022 at 4:20 AM, ChuckD said:

Has there been any discussion of add-on PE for these kits?  I was pretty put off but their helldiver release that was A: expensive in its own right, and B: practically required factory PE to be complete.  Add to the fact that the PE was/is almost never in stock anywhere, which only magnifies my frustration.  

Do we know if the Kate and Val be handled similarly?

Wait and see but, for the Vampire, add-ons are not really required.

15 hours ago, Bill M. said:

These assembled parts look good from what I can see. Would like to see more. But being a 1/32 Val, it would have to be really, really bad before I turned it down. I’ll be happily buying one for sure! Same with the Kate.

Bill M.

Agree. Even if it's a dog I'm still intending to buy the Val, with the intention of an OOB + mostly rattle can build over the winter. 

Quite exciting to have something completely different. 

Am picking up courage to buy a Vampire 3 as the AM flaps give it a lot more character. Am assuming those will be forthcoming for the Val, too. 

Tony

Edited by Tony T
saw the canopy test fit pics and it's all looking rosy

• 1 month later...

I have started to get worried about this kit. I’ll take  all kits as I find them but, based on the reviews so far of the Helldiver and what seems to be a SNAFU on the tanks on the latest Vampire FB5 kit, I am concerned that Infinity, despite the best of intentions, are not hitting the quality level that will ensure success. I want the Val to be accurate and, as much as that, I also want it to fit well. So i am crossing my fingers that this will be the case and they will up their game versus the previous releases.

Best regards,

Paul

5 minutes ago, Archimedes said:

what seems to be a SNAFU on the tanks on the latest Vampire FB5 kit.

Nothing of the sort Paul - they include two types of tank - the later ones were used on Swiss Vampires, and probably others.

Box art is wrong - and instructions misleading - but to damn it for that is unfair IMHO.

As to fit - these are short run toolings - they require a little fettling.

Iain

15 minutes ago, Iain said:

Nothing of the sort Paul - they include two types of tank - the later ones were used on Swiss Vampires, and probably others.

Box art is wrong - and instructions misleading - but to damn it for that is unfair IMHO.

As to fit - these are short run toolings - they require a little fettling.

Iain

Fair enough @Iain  I stand corrected. On fit: as I said; I am not averse to doing some work on a kit. I’m mostly looking for accuracy. I do hope it fits well but I am not unrealistic what a short-run kit can be like. 

Thanks for the clarification! :)

Best regards,

Paul

• 4 months later...

These sprues suggest that Infiniti have climbed a steep learning curve after the Helldiver kit that featured a $h!tload of aftermarket add-on stuff that had to be cobbled together by the model builder if one wanted to go beyond the pedestrian basic kit.   These sprues suggest that a great deal of this model might be built from the box into a very nice model.  Watch this space for future developments...

Edited by esarmstrong