1/32 Trumpeter SBD-5 Dauntless in New Zealand markings w/ full Archer rivet replacement - DONE

Brett M

Just to give everyone an idea of the work Woody has done for these skins, here's a shot of the instructions and some of the sheets of rivet decals. The instructions include placement for all of the rivets, top and bottom, sides and flaps. They also include step by step instructions and tips to get the most out of the skins. Pretty impressive....and again, they lay out beautifully, especially that thin carrier film. If only Tamiya could figure out thin carrier film:rolleyes:

PSX_20200929_080324

Edited by Brett M

4 hours ago, Brett M said:

Just to give everyone and idea of the work Woody has added to these skins, here's a shot of the instructions and some of the sheets of rivet decals. The instructions include placement for all of the rivets, top and bottom, sides and flaps. They also include step by step instructions and tips to get the most out of the skins. Pretty impressive....and again, they lay out beautifully, especially that thin carrier film. If only Tamiya could figure out thin carrier film:rolleyes:

PSX_20200929_080324

Lovely work!

Have I missed something here?  Has Woody produced a set for this kit specifically?  If so I gotta get me one!

More progress. Not as much as I wanted to get done but I tuned in the dumpster fire of a debate last night and lost 2 hours of my life.....

And.....I added a panel line wash to help. Which Woody mentioned to me previously.....oops :blush:

PSX_20200930_081925

Edited by Brett M

• Brett M changed the title to 1/32 Trumpeter SBD-5 Dauntless in New Zealand markings w/ full Archer rivet replacement
18 hours ago, Archer Fine Transfers said:

I'll need a couple extra gallons of resin for that monster. 

Not high on the list right now.

Awwww C'mon dont let that put you off!  Love it if you did that lovely brute one day.  I will keep an eye out for the SBD set on your website (even though I dont even have the kit yet LOL

Brett, that is looking truly amazing buddy!

14 hours ago, nichenson said:

Did I miss the announcement for the sale on the rivets?  Those look amazing.  It has even got me thinking about getting a -1 to do a prewar version.

Brett is actually working with the very first release version and providing feedback for last minute revisions, if any. Once he's finished, we'll announce it here first. Right now, and to the end of the year, we are having an inventory clearance sale which is totally time consuming. Once we get through that, there will be a LOT of new releases in 2021.

44 minutes ago, Archer Fine Transfers said:

Brett is actually working with the very first release version and providing feedback for last minute revisions, if any. Once he's finished, we'll announce it here first. Right now, and to the end of the year, we are having an inventory clearance sale which is totally time consuming. Once we get through that, there will be a LOT of new releases in 2021.

Any chance you could send a file I could print out and check against my Matchbox kit, Woody? If it pans out closely enough, I might be in for a set - plus, you could then market it as being suitable for both kits!

Kev

2 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Any chance you could send a file I could print out and check against my Matchbox kit, Woody? If it pans out closely enough, I might be in for a set - plus, you could then market it as being suitable for both kits!

Kev

Chancer......:wicked:

THOR    :ph34r: