1/32 Trumpeter SBD-5 Dauntless in New Zealand markings w/ full Archer rivet replacement - DONE

Brett M

5 hours ago, Anthony in NZ said:

LOL, fair enough but only the fuselage would need doing as the wings and tail are flush riveted 

Brett, this is truly epic, and an RNZAF one too...:wub:

4 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

Another spectacular build going on here.  Well done Brett.  

Thanks guys, appreciate it. Anthony, hopefully I can do justice for a RNZAF aircraft! 

Just more painting today. I tossed on some weird colors......not sure they show up much (wife said she couldn't see them), but I like the way the horizontal stabilizers look compared to my previous start on the wing. So far, no mask or poster putty. The paint jobs on these don't seem to have been......tidy, from the pictures I've found, so the demarcation lines are BIG.

Yes, I paint in a reallllllllly random order. Works for me, so far!

Let me know what you think. 

_DSC9065

_DSC9066

_DSC9069

A few more from work today. I ran out of light (I REALLY need to repaint this room a lighter color) so I stopped here. And, I ran out of paint in the airbrush, so....good stopping point? Again, not going for a sharp demarcation, since none of the images I'm finding show it like that. 

Let me know what you think or if you have suggestions. If anyone wants to see close up shots of Woody's rivets, let me know @Archer Fine Transfers

_DSC9071

_DSC9074

_DSC9072

12 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

wow.  This keeps getting better and better.  

10 hours ago, allthumbs said:

Wow, exceptional work going on here. Those raised rivets make all the difference in the world.

3 hours ago, Archer Fine Transfers said:

How did you get the demarcation so straight?

Looking great, Brett!

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments.

Woody, I just free handed with the airbrush....picked a rivet line to follow that looked like the right spot based on photos and went after it. Then lots of touch up afterwards when my hand strayed! :huh: